Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help mom's (urgent)

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM
  • 10 Replies
SO my toddler is about to turn 3 this month and for about some time my son hasn't been eating at all.. maybe just a couple of crackers but that is it.. he is so skinny and its been scaring me so much.. I took him to the dr before and they told me it was normal but how is my son not wanting to eat normal? Im so worried that he wont eat meals at all ever.. im heading over to the store tomorrow to try and buy some different foods that he might try and eat.. any suggestions? Please help me I don know what to do..i hope im not the only mother here that has this same problem. thank you
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyStarLight
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:55 AM
2 moms liked this
My DD has her days when she will only eat 1bowl of cereal the whole day
and other days she eats everything in sight
just give him pediasure and a multi vitamin
There are some things you can give him that will make him hungry but it taste awful i remember it (yuck!!)
Bleacher-mom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids both went thru that. Some times they wanted to eat everything in sight, sometimes they wouldn't touch anything. I keep hearing that it has something to do with having a growth spurt.

Velvet702
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thank you so much. i been worried for some time about him not wanting to eat :( i wil try the pedi. thank you so much.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Lol, this sounded like me last year. This year I can't get Ds to stop eating. Like yesterday he had a bowl of cereal and French toast for breakfast, then an apple for a snack, then pb&j for lunch, another apple for a snack, then sloppy Joes for dinner with baked beans and French fries. Then an hr later and ice cream bar. Between all of this he had chocolate milk.

He probably isn't growing much right now and that's okay, give it a little while before you start to really panic.
MyStarLight
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Your welcome
SSS i think thats what my mom would give us. it tasted nasty but it had vitamins in them
I swear it was punishment instead of trying to keep us healthy lol

Quoting Velvet702:

Thank you so much. i been worried for some time about him not wanting to eat :( i wil try the pedi. thank you so much.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Kids go through phases. My boys go through the "I don't want to eat" to "OMG I'm so hungry!" 

Try getting some fruits, veggies, etc that are kid friendly. Also try making chicken nuggets from chicken tenders, etc. Maybe make some pizzas and let him "decorate" them with veggies, pepperoni, etc. Let him help you in the kitchen. When I started letting my boys help me in the kitchen they started eating more. 

Baby5678
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Try making him a deliscious smoothie and tell him its juice. 

A good recipe is:

pineapple, frozen berries and banana, whey or rice protein, coconut oil, and rice or almond milk..

mamalynnsmith
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Make sure he is still drinking water. Is he constipated?if it hurts to go he may not eat. Offer things like jello , pudding. Also is he not wanting to quit playing ,watching tv to eat?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Keep offering healthy options and not crap. He will eat. I agree with fruit or mix with yogurt only popcicles and things like that. After age 1 mine gained about 3 to 4 pounds a year. They don't need to gain much later on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gmp2
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I'm going through the same thing with my son right now. He'll be three next month. It seems all he'll eat is cheese, milk, and peanut butter. Since he doesn't seem to like to eat meat, I'm ok with him eating all the peanut butter he wants.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)