Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need Motivation to Work Out

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 13 Replies

I never can seem to find the motivation to work out. What are some of the things that motivates you to work out?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing motivates me to do it (I mean I want to do it sure) but there are always a million other things I could be doing, or NEED to do of course... I just make myself do it. When I get up every day and my brains saying 'oh but I don't have time, I need to do this & this & that," I stop myself and say 'no, I just have to do it." So I usually try to workout early in the day and get it over with lol! Cuz if I wait til the afternoon I know I'll have no ebergy and be too tired to get it done. If I do it in the morning, it's done and can forget about it!
offrdngal
by Terri on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I workout because I never want my cholesterols number to be as bad as they were in 2010.  I also don't ever want my weight to be up as high as was, even in January of this year.  I enjoy doing my workouts 6 days per week.

No one can give you motivation..you have to find your own and then stick with it.  Make yourself a vision board.  Put pictures of you when you looked your best, or pics of outfits you'd like to fit in again...let that be your motivation.

Good luck!!

Uniquecoolio
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I get to listen to my tunes full blast. It's a break for me only. I feel GREAT after. I look good! Have more energy. Great emotional release. These are just some of the things that keep me going to the gym.
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It has to be something you like doing, and having an exercise buddy is a good motivator.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Looking in the mirror and knowing that I could look so much better if I just work at it. Plus I have a son that needs me to be able to play with and run around with him. I need to be able to keep up with him.

Join us in the Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Group

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

There are many different ways to get your exercise and I think the key is finding what kind you really enjoy doing.  If you enjoy it then you are more likely to do it.  I bought a bike and a bike trailer and I bike all over town with my kids now. 

paige8608
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My jiggly stretch mark stomach. 'Nuff said.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Hi and welcome! 

Results is what motivates me now. To maintain what I've worked for. When I first started, Idk what really drove me. I just decided to DO it.  :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM

What do you like to do? Run, walk, skate, bike, weights, inside work out, outside? With people, without? Find what works for you by trying- then do it.  :)

I'm a HUGE fan of in-home workout dvd's. I started with $10 Jillian Michaels vids and went from there.

offrdngal
by Terri on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Quoting AM-BRAT:

What do you like to do? Run, walk, skate, bike, weights, inside work out, outside? With people, without? Find what works for you by trying- then do it.  :)

I'm a HUGE fan of in-home workout dvd's. I started with $10 Jillian Michaels vids and went from there.

I love Jillian's workouts! I done several of them...I'll be starting Body Revolution, for 3rd time, next Sunday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)