Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Facepalm*

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

Have any good "people can be so stupid" moments lately? 

Here's my story...then share yours. 

I went to the hospital yesterday...I'm pretty sick. Anyway while the tech. was doing a chest xray, she asked if I could be pregnant. I said no. She asked if I was birth control. I said no. She said well then it's possible. I said no, I'm not active, so I know I'm not pregnant. She follows up with "that is always that possibility you are, and just don't know yet." Um lady I haven't had sex in 4 months...if I'm pregnant I'd be 4 months along (I'd notice that) or it a freaking miracle baby. She just smiled, and insisted I wear an apron around my waist/tummy, in case I was pregnant. 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

LOL. Yep. We had that happen with my daughter many times. She is a lesbian.

DaniandTom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM

LOL Well...her heart was in the right place even if her brains were not. 

DaniandTom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Priceless! LOL

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

LOL. Yep. We had that happen with my daughter many times. She is a lesbian.

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM

LOL definitely

Quoting DaniandTom:

LOL Well...her heart was in the right place even if her brains were not. 

BatMom.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Just..wow.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:49 PM

oh wow!! lol

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM

my eye dr once asked me if i was sexually active..and i said no, not since i got pregnant (my daughter was now around 1.5yrs old) so it had been like 2 years...she sent me off for blood work, but didn't tell me what for...turns out she thought i had chlamydia!!!!  I'm like whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? i haven't even had sex for 2 years!!!  just for the record,i didn't have chlamydia, nor have i ever had any disease or std...but , omg, i was so pissed!  that's not something an EYE dr, should be testing for!!

neslonturf
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Last time I had an x-ray...the male tech gave me some grief about it too...until I said, "I'm on my period right now...so, I think I'm safe." Shut him right up. 

MomBowen
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM

i'm post menapausal and had a tech swear I needed a pg test before they let me be x-rayed (it was an abdomine one). I told her I can't get pg (tubes tied 30 years ago), wasn't sexually active (hubby can't do it cause of heart(, and I was post menopausal. If I was pg then the powers that be were jerking me around. My dr. walked in in the middle of my rant and started laughing. He explained that I couldn't be pg and the tech stood there and said, "Policy says any woman under the age of 60 has to be protected" I did get the x-ray and DID NOT take a pg test.

AbbyWalsh
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM

OP, I hope you're feeling better!

Q: "Are you sexually active?"

A: "No, I just lay there"

My mom just had surgery and they did a pregnancy test on her.  She's 84 and has had both ovaries removed.  You BETCHA I'm going to fight that part of the bill!

You have to check hospital bills carefully...my SON was once billed for a pregnancy test in the ER, when he was 9 years old.  Really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)