Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Feeling Stressed

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son Cayden is 19 months and I know he is still learning but I feel like all I do is say no to him all day. No throwing or pinching plus he has a variety of food allergies so I find it hard to try new foods.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It is the age.  He is testing boundaries.  If you want to try the time out chair method, he'd have to sit there for 1 minute only.  Instead of using the word no, you can say things such as "gentle touch"  very nice!  and for throwing, I'd tell him if he throws it that it is gone- and stick to it. He'll test you a few times, but if you remove what he throws, then he'll get the idea.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM

it's the age, i remember feeling like all i ever said was NO too...it gets better :)

Fyrestar68
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM

It's the age.

funhappymom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I'm going through that with my youngest right now. It's definitely the age. What I find is helpful is distracting her with other stuff when she gets into something she shouldn't. At this age, they're easily distractable.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Find things to keep him busy. Do little projects with him. They are busy busy at this age and when bored tend to try other things to see what they can get away with.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN