Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

co-sleeping

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Any one have any suggestions on breaking a co-sleeper? Took me months to get my daughter in check once me and my boyfriend started living together. Now every night I go to bed with this guy and I love him to peices! Lol he digs at the blankets until you let him under....mind you hes 80lbs..lol
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM

awwwww,  I suppose you could shut him out of the room, or  have his bed in the room and insist that he go there.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Tell him floor or lock him out of the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clpmommi11
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

we have 2 dogs and one loves to do the same thing because when i was prego i use to let her all the time because hubs was in the oilfield working...now all we do it tell her off the bed and she gets down

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Make her a space within the room like a crate she can use for her own space and her very own blanket she can burrow in.    My cat loves to sleep between me and my guy since kitten hood.  He is 11 now and still does it.  We keep him out of bedroom until morning though and then he can come in to wake everyone up.

KikiB85
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
If I lock him out huge will chew so part my house n scratch at the door all night. Created he will bark. Once I get some extra money I plan to buy him a nice big bed. Hes by my side 24/7. Funny he never was in the bed but when he was only 6mo old I realized that if he laid with me he would actually sleep solid...he was always all over the place. I was sick and had worked a 4am shigt and wanted to sleep soooo bad. Im just trying to break him of it with a baby on the way. Not that I plan to let baby sleep with me but to be safe...since he thinks hes a little lap dog lol. Gotta admit hes cute tho!
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Just let him CIO. lol.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

these are my sleeping buddies!!

Fyrestar68
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Have a crate in a corner of the room and teach him to sleep there...but don't make it seem like a punishment.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM

No idea, I'm a meanie, no dogs on the furniture. My dog sleeps on his dog bed.

Rooobeee
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Awww...How cute! But it looks like you just traded one baby for another. LOL

Unfortunately, I don't have a dog, so I couldn't help you there. But you might want to talk to someone at a pet store or your dog's vet. Maybe they might have some ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN