Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

does less mean low sperm count? DUMB question..

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

so my wonderful other half and i are ttc my third his first...... no luck yet but them again we havent really tracked my cycles or nothing......... he seems to think his little swimmers are no good and i just really doubt that, i think alot of things come into play like timing of my ovulation and the fact that for awhile my thyroid labs were not good not they are and i am using clear blue fertility monitor to see my two peak days.... question is, well hes never been one to produce TONS of sperm, he really only has a good amount if we dont have sex for like 3-4 days...... does the less the amount affect his actual COUNT??? im gonna invest in some pre seed just to help it out but im just wondering..

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

You mean he does not have alot of semen??   Sperm is in the semen along with other things.  I do not know about how low amounts of semen if that means low amounts of sperm as well.  Does he have any health issues?   I would talk to your doctor about it and a possible test they can do to see what is going on with him.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
You can't see sperm.

How long have you been trying?
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM

i totally worded that wrong lol i meant semen and weve been trying for about 4 months....... but not charting or anything till this month! first month with the fertility monitor

iQuoting a_and_j_momma:

You can't see sperm.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Lol

4 months isn't long at all and really early to worry about anything. I would chart and use your monitor and am sure you will succeed

Quoting Torienslilmama:

i totally worded that wrong lol i meant semen and weve been trying for about 4 months....... but not charting or anything till this month! first month with the fertility monitor

iQuoting a_and_j_momma:

You can't see sperm.

Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

im not in panic mode yet lol, with my ex husband we had two beautiful kids, my son took about a year of just having sex no charting and my daughter was a one time OOPSIE lol, so i know im capable, its ust after my daughter my thyroid kinda went to crap and im on synthroid now for it, but like i said my labs came back great about a month ago so that shouldnt be an issue

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Lol

4 months isn't long at all and really early to worry about anything. I would chart and use your monitor and am sure you will succeed

Quoting Torienslilmama:

iQuoting a_and_j_momma:

You can't see sperm.

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I don't think the amount has much to do with sperm count, though I will say that they recommend when TTC during your peak fertile times, I think days 10-16 of your cycle if I remember, it's best to have sex every other day rather than every day so it gives a chance for his sperm count to build back up after ejaculation

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Dh makes a ton of semen every time. And he's fixed. So I'm guessing there's no connection.

He'd kill me if he knew I said that lol.
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Semen and sperm count have nothing to do with each other.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Are you tracking your temp with a basal thermometer, as well? Instructions are in the box and it helps along with the ovulation kits. But, honestly.... Less stress = baby

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Lol

Quoting Torienslilmama:

iQuoting a_and_j_momma:

You can't see sperm.

2lilmamas
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Its only been 4 months. I would worry to much before you know it you will be prego.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN