Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler with allergies/cold/??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
I've noticed that my 2yo DD has been rubbing her nose as if its bugging her for the passed 3 days. Not often. Maybe 4 times a day (that I see). She doesn't sneeze or have anything that would be indicative of allergies or a cold but I could imagine the discomfort she's feeling would either be itchiness or maybe like water in her nose (judging how uncomfortable she looks when she rubs it) she also coughs when she rubs it, like someone who has water in their nose. She has not been around any water other than her baths and she never has her head underwater. Ever. She just woke up coughing in her sleep and it woke me up. Sounded pretty bad. (No noise when she coughs though, mucus-wise).

Any ideas?? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
VIVXI
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just wait it out and perhaps try some vicks rub or a humidifier to help.  My dd has had a few bugs where she gets this awful dry cough but nothing else.

VIVXI
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Bump!
2lilmamas
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM
I would say take her to the doctor. She maybe comng down witj something.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

It could be allergies.  Ragweed & mold are common this time of year in the US.  

I'd talk to her doctor to make sure that something else isn't going on and then request a referral for allergy testing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured