Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

New to this site. Looking for answers about gardasil shot

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm concerned about the gardasil shot and the side effects it may have on my daughter. Anyone know anything?

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Had friends DD's have bad side effects. Did not get it for my girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I wasn't going to until my DDs were 15/16 yrs old.  At first I asked my GYN about it & she said unless I know for a fact that she is sexually active or if I'm not sure & think she might be, then her advice was to wait til 15/16. But then my friend had cervical cancer because she wasn't immunized (it was the strand of cancer caused by HPV) & I decided to go ahead with it (they are 13 & 12 now). The 13 yo has had all 3 shots & not had any side effects at all. The 12yo will get her 3rd shot this week. So far so good. INFACT- my 17yo DS has had the HVP shot as well! Only because in the future he may be with a girl who has not had it & then he could pass it on himself. 

ChristinaMKitt
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM

She got her third shot two weeks ago. She noticed a knot in her arm a few days ago. And now she has the poops and cramping. I'd suggest not getting any more. I think this should be banned.

Bleacheddecay
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Both my son and daughter got these shots and suffered no ill affects. They researched this and so did I. I suggest you do too with a close eye to the sources that are actually legitimate. There is a lot of fear and fear mongering about these shots out there. Mostly, I think because people believe getting these shots will lead to thier kids having sex.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Never ever will my kids get that vaccine.  I have never heard anything good about it, but I have heard TONS of bad.  Plus, the vaccine only "protects" about a few strands of HPV.  Well...there are WAY more than a few strands of HPV.

PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Better off to educate them about the risks of unprotected sex, than "hope" the shot is a  cure-all.

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM

This may be, but it does protect against most of the strains that cause cervical cancer. Which is the reason to get the vaccine.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Never ever will my kids get that vaccine.  I have never heard anything good about it, but I have heard TONS of bad.  Plus, the vaccine only "protects" about a few strands of HPV.  Well...there are WAY more than a few strands of HPV.

MagicMonkey
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't vaccinate at all, but if we did, this is one shot we would not allow, it's an awful "vaccine"

emmy526
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Japan has pulled it off their schedule and Israel is doing the same--too many unknown side effects...there really is no long term studies done on harms that have been documented...i do know that girls are experiencing ovarian failure as well as a host of other maladies,  due to gardisil. 

emmy526
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:39 AM

it only protects against FOUR of the strains that cause cancer

Quoting illogicalkat:

This may be, but it does protect against most of the strains that cause cervical cancer. Which is the reason to get the vaccine.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN