Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Has anyone done this before? TMI Warning!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

First off, this is embarrassing for me because I thought I was okay, but I need to know what is going on. Sencondly, this is long because I going over about a month's worth of history. I will try to summarize as best I can.

So, I had a period Aug 1, which was a Thursday. It was a normal period for me, cramps on day 2 and hemorrhaging day 3. I've just accepted that. The period last 5 days, which is normal, and ovulation was either day 13 or day 17. I'm currently tracking my temperatures to monitor my cycle and obtain a pattern. I am also currently using 2 different apps which is why 2 different days. I use a spermicidal film for birthcontrol but didn't completely apply it on day 13 or 18 because it was stuck on my finger.  I had nausea and breast tenderness the next week, but sure I wasn't pregnant because now I get those as PMS symptoms. On Aug 29 my period started again.

The Aug 29 cycle caught me off guard. It started sometime between midnight and 6am when I was sleep. I had more painful cramps this time because of the diet I had before the start of the cycle. If I eat anything with sugar within 5 days of the start, I will have painful cramps. Again, this is normal for me. I took some motrin to stop the pain. Day 3, I had my normal hemorrhaging and my cycle ended on day 5. Fortunetly, I had a 4 day week end (Saturday-Tuesday) so I spent this period at home. I returned to work on Wensday, however when I got there, I had a sharp stabbing pain in the upper quadrant of my abdomen. The pain was so severe my boss noticed it. I thought it was an ulcer because of stress, but I did have a hernia repair so I started leaning towards that. The pain was a dull pain on Thursday as well. That time it felt like cramps because I had the upper quadrant pain, as well as lower abdominal pain.

Which brings me to yesterday, Friday. I was still having cramp pains which isn't normal for me because that only comes during the period. My boss (who is a nurse) suggested that I talk to my primary care about seeing Gastroenterology. At the end of the day, my best friend called me and wanted to take me out to dinner. I went out with her to a resturant. I ordered a burger fries and milkshake, while she ordered burger fries and a maragrita. She wanted me to try her drink, so I took 2 sips of her drink. We talked at the resturant until around 11:30pm and I got home around midnight. Before I went to bed, I went to the bathroom. I had an orange/brown discharge. I went to bed. When I woke up, I had a brownish red discharge that was light. So I put a pad on and went to work. Since the doctor I was working with had an opening at the end of his schedule, I added myself there. I explained the upper abdominal sharp pain. He examed me and said my colon felt full. When I mention the brown bloody discharge, he said that since I'm breastfeeding, I maybe producing too much of one of the female hormones which is trying to trigger another period.

I breastfed my second girl for 2 years and this never happened. Has this happened to anyone here? Do you know what happened?

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
janel09
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

no one?

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I would just keep an eye on it.  If the pain gets worse again and doesn't go away then maybe see your normal doctor to talk to them about it.  Sometimes I will get slight discharge between cycles.  Also, I nursed all three of my kids.  With my first nothing was weird.  With my other two though I would get a period every two weeks.  I wasn't ovulating, just a full period.  They said that the combination of the pill I was on to help with pain and cramping and the breastfeeding make my lining thinner and it would basically sluff off every two weeks.

AngelSinger
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I nursed my three kids, but I never had an experience like the one you're describing. I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

janel09
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I had a period every 2 weeks when the baby was born in Oct through May. This is different because I'm more weaker, but less blood coming out. Now it's red and the cramps are stronger. I also had a fever yesterday. The 2-week periods were never explained, but as if right now, I get a period every Friday.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I would just keep an eye on it.  If the pain gets worse again and doesn't go away then maybe see your normal doctor to talk to them about it.  Sometimes I will get slight discharge between cycles.  Also, I nursed all three of my kids.  With my first nothing was weird.  With my other two though I would get a period every two weeks.  I wasn't ovulating, just a full period.  They said that the combination of the pill I was on to help with pain and cramping and the breastfeeding make my lining thinner and it would basically sluff off every two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN