Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Breast Lumps

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
I just found a small, hard, moveable lump in one my breasts. Needless to say I'm kinda freaking out. And I will be going to the doctor next week to check. Does anyone have any advice or can relate. I'm 27, I never imagined that I would find a lump at my age. My mother had breast lumps that she had removed but I'm not sure if they were cancerous or not. I was young but she was in her 50's.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
famiglia_bella
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Definitely get to the doc asap, but I've had several lumps that were caused by too much caffeine or hormone fluctuations, so just remember to relax as best as you can until you get it checked out.  Best wishes that all is well.

mamakenzi
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Thanks. I read up on it some tonight. I'm just so stressed out with a lot of other things and now this. I really just want to cry.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Definitely get to the doc asap, but I've had several lumps that were caused by too much caffeine or hormone fluctuations, so just remember to relax as best as you can until you get it checked out.  Best wishes that all is well.

NextGeneration
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Nothing to worry about I had it once to it a fibricyst that goes away it made me freak out but my doctor said because it moves it will go away. Hope I helped a little.

famiglia_bella
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:47 AM

That's okay.  You can cry.  Just remember that your fears aren't your truth.  ;)  Deep breaths, mamakenzi.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Thanks. I read up on it some tonight. I'm just so stressed out with a lot of other things and now this. I really just want to cry.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It is terribly scary to have this happen.  Usually they are OK.  Try to think good thoughts until your doctor checks it. Please let us know the results.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hugs to you.  I know it is hard but try not to get too freaked out yet.  Hopefully it is not cancer, just something else less serious.  Keep us updated if you can. 

irishmama1007
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It is very scary to have this happen. I was 28 when I had a fibroid adnoma removed and have been fine since. My family has a history of these but that doesn't make finding a lump any easier.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Im not saying you shouldn't check with your doctor, but how old are your kids? 

Lumps can be caused by nursing, a plugged milk duct or a milk filled cyst, could be fibroids, they could be a simple swelling of the tissue due to upcoming cycle... 

The internet is wonderful and dangeous... It can fill your head with all sorts of junk... Lol

typically 4 out of 5 lumps in breasts that are biopsied are benign... I had a biopsy 2 years ago...  Know what it is to be scared and nervous.. But I want you to relax... DONT BORROW WORRY. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)