Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway: Ask Our Expert How to Find YOUR Mama Groove *WINNERS ANNOUNCED!*

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 85 Replies

You're taking care of everyone else, but who's taking care of you? Ask our expert, Megan Flatt, for tips and tricks on changing your point of view, finding your "mama groove," and having a happier, healthier life!

Megan Flatt, "mommy strategist," wellness expert, and the brains behind the Mama Revival, will be here September 9th-13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Megan a question will win a free subscription to her online "Find Your Mama Groove" course!

Please ask your questions for Megan in the replies below.
Megan will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Megan, and thanks for joining us!

The Giveaway Rules:

The "Megan Flatt Q&A" Giveaway starts 9/8/13 at 9am (ET) and ends 9/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a free subscription to Megan Flatt's "Find Your Mama Groove" online course.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 9/23/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Megan! What's the best place to start if you need to reclaim your identity as a person, you know, finding who you are again aside from being "just a mom?"

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I want to know the same thing. I feel like all i am any more is MOM. I want to be a woman, a friend, where do I start and how do I find balance to it all?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi Megan! What's the best place to start if you need to reclaim your identity as a person, you know, finding who you are again aside from being "just a mom?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frstldyhmsch
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hi Megan, I'm Christy and I'm a homeschooling mom of 3 awesome kiddos, but sometimes it can seem impossible to get things done when I have so much on my plate. What steps should  take to becoming more organized?

PrincessAsmommy
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hi Megan.  I'm 43 and a SAHM for 2 wonderful whirl winds (Anja 7 and Andrew 5). I've been married to my DH for 15yrs but I'm noticing we're just not connecting like we used to. We rarely have sex, are only alone together at bedtime and by then I'm so tired I fall asleep instantly. We've started fighting over really stupid things and I'm concerned that if we don't refind us as a couple we might lose our marriage. Do you have any tips for reclaiming the romance and the fun in our relationship?

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Hello and welcome Megan. I tend to raise my voice (with my 8 & 4 year old boys) way more often than I would like to admit. I honestly try hard to speak at a normal level or get to their eye level but it seems that nothing gets their attention unless I raise my voice. This makes me feel guitly and mad at myself- but then the cycle keeps repeating. Any suggestions with this?

MichelleK41
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Hi Megan, I do kickboxing when I can squeeze in Mommy Me Time. What do you recommend for easy and quick exercising during the weekend?

Caidysmom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Hi Megan, I am Mindy and a Mama on the GI to an 7yr old and a SN 2 yr old . Between shuttling one from school and sports and the little one to all her therapies , I never have time to eat! Honestly I have no energy! What are some good on the go snacks?
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Hi Megan- what is the best way to get rid of the "mommy pouch" after having kids. I'm done now, look good in most other places, but that pouch is refusing any efforts! Lol. Thanks!
kristine8333
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Hi, I'm Kristine, with 4 beautiful children. 9, 6, 2, and 4 months. Married to my husband of 9 yrs coming up. I'm such a busy Mom and wife, even with being a sahm, I'm about to start looking for work again. I think I can relate to most of the questions above. And I will be watching for replys.
LifeUnscripted
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hi Megan,

what are some tips on how to make " ME" time without feeling guilty?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN