Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Popular Breakfast Food Recall: What You Need to Know

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

Popular Breakfast Food Recall: What You Need to Know

by Ericka Sóuter

cinnamon rollsTroubling news about a favorite breakfast treat. General Mills is recalling their refrigerated Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Apparently the dough may contain tiny plastic pieces that unsuspecting people could ingest. Scary, right. But even crazier is the fact that Johnson & Johnson recently recalled Concentrated Motrin Infants' Drops for a similar reason. What in the world is going on?! Here's what you need to know to keep your family safe.

Morning treat lovers should steer clear of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 8-count single packages that state better if used by dates of October 30, 2013 and October 31, 2013. Also included are the 2-packs with the dates October 18, 2012, October 26, 2013, and October 31, 2013. If any of these are in your fridge, call the company at 1-800-775-4777 for replacement or refund.

Fortunately sister products like Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls and Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls are not included in the recall. So we should be able to eat those with relative ease.

Have you ever had to replace a recalled food product?

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I have had to replace a recalled food product- once or maybe twice. I like the refrigerated rolls but haven't bought any for a while.

housewifehell
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this
Here's what you need to know to keep your family safe STOP eating packaged crap and make it yourself its not hard and you know what is in your food!
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
so what about the countless recalls on produce? And meat?Not everyone can grow their own produce and even fewer have access to raising own animals

Quoting housewifehell:

Here's what you need to know to keep your family safe STOP eating packaged crap and make it yourself its not hard and you know what is in your food!
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh geez!  Thanks for sharing. 

alc4evermom
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Glad we don't eat that garbage

benny1031
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM
A few years ago therebwas the recall on the special kitty canned cat food. That was when a personwho worked for them was ppoisoning the food. So many cats got sick and died .they recalled certain flavors of the food and I had some of them . It was scary be ause I was about to feed them one of those cans . I returned all of what I had even the one that was open and changed brands . I never bought that brand again. I don't know nor do I understand what is going on anymore.
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Why in the world would anyone use Johnson and Johnson products anymore.  This has been going on daily with them for years now( don't get me started on the scanned of their Mylanta issues a few years ago) and you have had to live under a rock not toknow that the CD A who tried everything before they actually act had to take over a few of their plants.  Do you all fall for the BS we are family commercials instead of the facts?

jadedcynic
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

S.C. Johnson and Johnson &Johnson are two different companies. S.C. Johnson is the one who uses the tag "S.C. Johnson, a family company." S.C. Johnson is also a leader in using simple ingredients for cleaning and making ingredient information available and accessible to consumers. http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/en-us/Default.aspx

Calm down and get your facts straight next time.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Why in the world would anyone use Johnson and Johnson products anymore.  This has been going on daily with them for years now( don't get me started on the scanned of their Mylanta issues a few years ago) and you have had to live under a rock not toknow that the CD A who tried everything before they actually act had to take over a few of their plants.  Do you all fall for the BS we are family commercials instead of the facts?

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

THIS recall is yet again another Johnson and Johnson the SAME COMPANY who Had plants taken over by the FDA and who had had numerous recalls of their CHILDREN'S PRODUCTSand my daughter was hurt by one of their recalls so no I will not calm down bUT thanks for the condescending reply

Quoting jadedcynic:

S.C. Johnson and Johnson &Johnson are two different companies. S.C. Johnson is the one who uses the tag "S.C. Johnson, a family company." S.C. Johnson is also a leader in using simple ingredients for cleaning and making ingredient information available and accessible to consumers. http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/en-us/Default.aspx

Calm down and get your facts straight next time.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

MissMossyOak90
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I miss mylanta idk what happened to it

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)