Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Reflux

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 30 Replies

My five almost six week old son has reflux, he likes to sleep on his belly.  I know you are not supposed to put them on their belly but it's the only way he can rest comfortably......does anyone else do this??

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a5mcfarland
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM
That's how my dd was until we had to give her medicine for reflux. We would put her on her stomach for naps as long as we were away. The medicine allowed for her to finally sleep normal until she learned to roll over now she likes to sleep on her side
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Our FS has meds he has to take. If I put him on his stomach he vomits. The ONLY way he will sleep is if his bed is elevated :(

thriftymom35
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Quoting a5mcfarland:

That's how my dd was until we had to give her medicine for reflux. We would put her on her stomach for naps as long as we were away. The medicine allowed for her to finally sleep normal until she learned to roll over now she likes to sleep on her side

the dr prescribed Zantac but it tasted so bad he threw it up.  Gonna ask for something different today.....poor baby boy....

thriftymom35
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Our FS has meds he has to take. If I put him on his stomach he vomits. The ONLY way he will sleep is if his bed is elevated :(

Max likes belly and sometimes elevated works.  We just started meds though so it isn't kicked in yet.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Well I hope it helps. If my FS were my biological child and I had a say, I would skip the meds and go the homeopathic route first. 

Quoting thriftymom35:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Max likes belly and sometimes elevated works.  We just started meds though so it isn't kicked in yet.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine slept on their belly or side because it was before back sleeping. I had one reflux baby and never would I have put her on her back ever. She was the one born when sleeping on their side was recommended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thriftymom35
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Quoting thriftymom35:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

What do the homeopathy people say to do?

thriftymom35
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Well I hope it helps. If my FS were my biological child and I had a say, I would skip the meds and go the homeopathic route first. 

Quoting thriftymom35:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

And what does homeopathic recommend?

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM

No, you put him on the side so he will not throw up.  I would talk to the doctor and see if a change in diet can help with curing his refux.  When I became pregnant I had Gerd and the doctor stated to change my diet and I did and it worked.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM

That is not safe. Formula or breastfed?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)