Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

4 yr old daughter, rubbing herself on pillows?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im not sure where do even begin but ill keep it simple, i keep catching my 4 yr old rubbing her privates against pillows. Is this normal? Do i say anything to her?
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
How long as she been doing it? Maybe she has an infection she is trying to itch?
almburr
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM
An infection? Or it feels good?
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
No its not an itchy rub lol.. maybe it feels good but i find that weird for a 4 yr old....
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM
My kids didn't do it but i know kids that have it can be normal can i pm u something i don't want to post publicly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM
33 moms liked this
Its normal. Kids enjoy playing with their bits for the same reasons adults do...it feels good. They don't understand the psychology behind it though. They simply to it because it feels good.

Teach her to only use her pillow in her room to do it if she wants to. It's inappropriate to use other peoples things or in front of people.
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Yes u sure can

Quoting strictmomhere:

My kids didn't do it but i know kids that have it can be normal can i pm u something i don't want to post publicly
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I feel like its normal i am just very put off by it... the thought of my 4 yr old "feeling good" bothers me lol

Quoting justinnaimee:

Its normal. Kids enjoy playing with their bits for the same reasons adults do...it feels good. They don't understand the psychology behind it though. They simply to it because it feels good.

Teach her to only use her pillow in her room to do it if she wants to. It's inappropriate to use other peoples things or in front of people.
Karmea
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM
6 moms liked this

I completely understand how you feel. Whenever my almost three year old has a rash and I have to put ointment on her girly bits she laughs HYSTERICALLY like it's the most awesome thing in the world. It gives me the heebies, I get it done as quickly as humanly possible. It's weird to think of your little baby having those feelings. I did some reading on it and yeah, what justinnaimee said, it just feels good. They have the same anatomy as we do, and apparently it doesn't take sexual maturity to feel it, they just don't have any sexual attachment to it yet. So it's totally innocent and natural and all that, we don't have budding sexual deviants on our hands... It would be nice to be enlightened enough not to be weirded out by it, though.

PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Totally normal.

Tell her that if she feels the need to do that, she is only to do it in her room, and never in front of other people. It is for private time only.

My friend runs a daycare and she has a masturbater, too. The little girl rubs herself at naptime and then falls asleep.

PeanutsMom003
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it as a child it was normal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN