Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottle feeding moms....a question??

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you know of any nipples that are chew resistant?  Please state the brand name and where you usually purchase said brand.  Thanks!!!!

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dutchcanadain
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

when my son was younger he chewed all his i just stop giving the bottle but you can find the hard ones in any baby stories out there 

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

how old is the baby?   I do not think any chew resistant ones are on market anymore, maybe thicker silicone.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM

You could ask the baby group here on cafemom. They might be able to help.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
How old is the baby? You can start making switch to sippy cup pretty early. My DS was only using sippy by 6 months. I started off with Nuby soft tips and once he got the hang of it switched to hard tips. Eliminated the chewing issue.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:12 AM
My kids did it and i took there bottles :) how old is your baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I say this, with sippy cups. mine were on sippies at 3 months old, and straws by 6 months . I think any nipple can be chewewd through. Although mine never did.

Quoting aurora.dove:

How old is the baby? You can start making switch to sippy cup pretty early. My DS was only using sippy by 6 months. I started off with Nuby soft tips and once he got the hang of it switched to hard tips. Eliminated the chewing issue.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Typically if theyre chewing em up it means theyre too big for em anymore, try soft lidded sippy cups, I got some for my son at walmart when we started doing that. They arent silicone-ish like bottles are but more like a soft rubber where they drink and the lid around, I think that would be a better option

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My son used Dr. Brown's and never had a problem with the nipples.  We purchased them at Babies R Us.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Dr Browns bottles are also amazing, I used them for my son as well.

Quoting emarin77:

My son used Dr. Brown's and never had a problem with the nipples.  We purchased them at Babies R Us.

slgilliam
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My daughter has started to do the same. Not at all feedings. But I have introduced her to sippy cups. We use the Advent bottles. She just turned 7 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured