Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously, can u still have a period in VERY early pregnancy?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ive heard stories but i just gotta hear it from you guys lol.....wondering if this is what im experiencing last week or so..
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jae414
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I've never experienced it, but a friend of mine did with all 3 of her kids.
DACIA79
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You can have bleeding but its not a period.
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Ive read on this alot and ive seen a BUNCH on things where woman have a regular 5day cycle then a week later be like WOAH surprise!
nowaygourmet
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM
you can still have a regular cycle thru ur entire pregnancy. most women dont so it isnt something u hear about all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM
If this was my case i would of had to ovulate very late, about 8 days before my period. And then i would OF had to have a period... i NEVER considered this was what is going on but i have this crazy stuff im noticing like crazy fatique.. i had diahrea, lower abdominal little cramps and weird pulling.. headaches everyday and im just so freakin emotional. ....also in a week ive had two very random pregnancy dreams lol..

Quoting nowaygourmet:

you can still have a regular cycle thru ur entire pregnancy. most women dont so it isnt something u hear about all the time.
a06z08mama
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My grandmother did this with her first child. By the time she stopped having one she went into labor 4-5 months and delivered a full term boy! My mom did with my sister. Had one for 4 months. Went to the chiropractor who told her she was pregnant. I spotted with DS. Took 10 tests. All negatives. Spotted. Still knew something wasn't right. Waited another 3 weeks. Tested again. And got positives. I believe he was late by the time I delivered.
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM

This.  A period indicates that an egg has been released but not fertilized.  But, if you're bleeding, you need to see a doctor ASAP.

Quoting DACIA79:

You can have bleeding but its not a period.

CafeMom Tickers

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM
My sister did not know she was pregnant till she was 5 months with her oldest because she had a reg cycle she started showing and went to the Dr:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MikeysMom22
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM

So if it is a regular period, and an egg is released could a woman actually get pregnant again?  Would the 2nd baby be able to be carried full term? After reading some people do it for 5 months or more during their pregnancy I started wondering about that possiblility. Could be pregnant with 2 kids but they are not actually twins.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM

i never did, but i hear it can happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured