Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

MOM GONE CRAZY!!! HELP!!!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

At 21 I became a mom for the first time. I had a little girl and things were easy. Being a stay at home mom was fun and exciting. Nothing to it. But I was blessed with a little boy in at the age of 23. Now i have a one year old and a almost 3 year old. Some days i feel like just screaming at everyone and somedays its so easy. I feel like im doing something wrong if im feeling so stressed out and overwelmed by just having two sweet babies.. They arent difficult by no means. But i just feel somedays like i cant do it anymore. Im only 24 and i know i should have this is the bag and keep going and nothign bothering me. But just seems liek the smallest thing can make me snap. Im not sure if it has anuthing to do with my dad being gone almost two years now, or if i dont see my husband that much or what. i feel as i started to early to have kids. But i know i cant chagne that and i just want some advice on how i can not feel so stressed or like i cant do it anymore ??? Feel free to comment and be honest... i really need advice!!!

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi hun its normal to feel overwhelmed at times try to get some mommy time even its its just a long hot shower or a mani/pedi.Doesyour hubby work a lot?If so can u get a sitter every so often and have a date
night? Or put the kids to bed and have a movie night hugs I'm here if u need to vent or talk PM me:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Get some free time hon! You need it. Talk to someone. Missing your dad and your dh working and having too little ones can overwhelm anyone. A counselor may help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbrown1904
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Yes we get to have movie nights and date night but he just started working a new job maybe a month and a half ago and he has been working 12 or more hours a day. I just feel like some days i cant do it anymore. I am so lucky i can be a stay at home mommy and i love my babies to death but i just feel like sometimes they are more then i can handle. I dont know how to get over that feeling. Here recently i feel like ive been snaping off at them more and i really dont know why. 

mollymolly
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

It sounds as if you need a support system, that maybe you're not getting.  It's hard to raise two young children, especially if your husband isn't there that much.  You have to constantly push your own needs aside to attend to the babies.  It would be great if you could find a way to have some time just for you, to de-stress.  I realize how incredibly difficult that is when you have young children, especially to do so on an ongoing schedule.  Is there anyone you could trust to watch the babies for a couple of hours every couple of weeks so you could have some time alone?  If not, maybe you could meet other babies and mommies at the park so you could have some time with other adults.  Do the kids take naps at the same time?  Maybe you could try to get them on a schedule so that they do, and then you could have some time to yourself.  But the act of getting them on the same schedule may be stressful.  Do you have any churches in the area that offer mother's morning out?  I used to take my kids there for a few hours twice a week or so.  Also, I joined MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) for a while, and I joined a play group.  I would take my kids to the park or to a petting zoo, and that would be good for me, as wel as them.  Also, my kids had their favorite TV shows, and I had no qualms about putting in a tape to keep them occupied for a little while.  The main thing is, hang in there.  You're not the first stressed out mom, and you won't be the last.  But this age will be gone one day, and before you know it, they'll be nine and twelve.  And then you'll be glad that you found a way to deal with the stress so that you were able to be the nurturing mom you know you can be for your kids.  Good luck, mama.  Remember to call someone if you ever get to a point that you really need help.  

jbrown1904
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I thought about someone to go to talk to but they are to expensive that why i got on this site to talk to other moms and get advice.

lovemymichael
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I feel like that somedays and I'm 37 and my kids are 7 and 3.  Usually it's a sign of sheer exhaustion and all I really need is a break.  W don't do babysitters and I don't have any family near by so its just my husbands parents on occasion, we never go on dates or anything either,   I willsaythat as they got a bit older, it does get easier, but some days I'm just I the mood for a long hot shower or even a trip to the store alone, and that does help.  

mamamia9
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM
If you have family around ask for help once a week a d do something for yourself in that day.
Best wishes
2lilmamas
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Does your so help you? You need some me time to unwhine and kick back.
Koam
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:20 AM
If you have health insurance, counseling may be covered with a referral from your doctor. Go see your regular doctor or OB and tell them how you're feeling. There's nothing wrong with feeling stressed out but when it gets to a point that you don't know why you're snapping then it's time to ask for help. You may just be stressed but you may have a real hormonal imbalance, and that too is common. I went through what it sounds like you're going through and I sought help; I should have gone earlier than I did but better late than never. I feel normal again and it's getting better. You can pm me if you want.

Btw, the fact that you're at least reaching out on here is a good sign :) You're an awesome mom just for that.

Quoting jbrown1904:I thought about someone to go to talk to but they are to expensive that why i got on this site to talk to other moms and get advice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN