Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Awful birth experience and how to get over it

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter was born 34 months ago, and to this day I can hardly think about that time in the hospital. I still get angry over it, I still cry about it sometimes, and I still feel violated and robbed of what a birth is supposed to be. I know there are other women in similar situations, I just wonder if any of them are here. And if you have any advice on how to get past it.

Yes, my daughter is fine and healthy and perfect in every way. It's not about that. And I don't want to hear that the baby is all that matters. It's not. If you haven't been there, you probably wouldn't get that.

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (61-64):
carly1993
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

My birth was horrible too. It was extremely painful and I got injured and I couldn't stand people yelling at me and telling me to push. I felt so useless. :(

housewifehell
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

With my son my experience was terrible 30 hours of labor with me on magnesium for BP issues and me so out of it I only remember the misery of the ordeal.  As soon as he was out i was saying never again I never want to do that again. Well here it is 3 years later and i have done it again and am about to do it in a month again.  Its hard on me because i fear the experience i had with my son happening again and really I wish i lived a lot closer to a hospital or could afford a midwife because i realy would rather do it alone at home. But since that wont happen I am just trying to stay positive and say things happen the way they are supposed to and the experience with my son's birth was just something I went through and its over. That is the only way I get past anything remember it is in the past and you dont live in the past.

MountieMama
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
All I can tell you is good luck!! My birth experience wasn't so bad as it was quick but my pregnancy was awful. I won't be birthing any more children.
SSabbykatt
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I hope you get therpay and meds. That fact you are still upset about this instead of thankjing god for healthy child makes you sound  like a loon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN