Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Job interview question: do you plan to have any more kids in future?!?!

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 44 Replies
Recently I had a job interview where potential employer asked me whether I plan to have anymore kids in future and how it might effect my work?!?!?! How to respond to such questions! Are you willing to work for such employer?
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1L2CMommy
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM
10 moms liked this
I would have told them it is illegal to ask that question, and probably thanked them for their time, then left. I wouldn't work for them. Red flag. They don't even know the basics.
RandiBear
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM
5 moms liked this

This. I would have informed them it wasn't legal to ask, and then asked them if the same question was being asked of male candidates...seeing as women do not create children on their own. After walking out, I also would have reported them for unethical behavior.

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

I would have told them it is illegal to ask that question, and probably thanked them for their time, then left. I wouldn't work for them. Red flag. They don't even know the basics.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Illegal and you can report it to the labor board
SexyDiva19
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:19 AM
This. What kind of job was it?

Quoting 1L2CMommy:

hreynol25
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

report them.  seriously.  if you dont the they are just going to keep doing it and possibily discriminating against hiring women.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I would tell them that's non of their business and that the interview was over, my family comes first not my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Yeah I'm with the other ladies, you should report them. That's an illegal question.

I would have thanked them for their time, stood, and left immediately.

(Will you tell us where you interviewed, so we can avoid doing business with them?)

emmy526
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I would have asked him if he planned on getting a brain and walked out of the interview...

catevincesmom
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm pretty sure that's an illegal question, & I wouldn't want to work for a company like that anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)