Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Are there moms here who live in Colorado or have friends or relatives that do?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 121 Replies

Are any of our moms in danger from the flooding?  Or do you know anyone who is?

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM
My inlaws house had some minor flooding in the crawl space... They are in boulder. My hubby got sent home Thursday and the office was closed Friday (which NEVER happens - he's had 2 weather days in the 8 years we've been here). Most of my friends are in the flood zone but ok. Sounds like one might be "trapped" (she's safe just no roads) in Estes park Till summer.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM

My FIL's cousin lives in Boulder, DH's brother and his family and (I believe) DH's cousin and his family live in the Denver metroplex. I know Boulder has been hit, but the Denver area? However, I haven't heard if any of them have faced any flooding.

almburr
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Nephew in the Greeley area and neice in Denver area
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM

:(   I hope your friend stays safe and is able to get out before summer.  Stay safe all of you.

Quoting terpmama:

My inlaws house had some minor flooding in the crawl space... They are in boulder. My hubby got sent home Thursday and the office was closed Friday (which NEVER happens - he's had 2 weather days in the 8 years we've been here). Most of my friends are in the flood zone but ok. Sounds like one might be "trapped" (she's safe just no roads) in Estes park Till summer.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I see that Denver is under flood warnings.   I hope they are safe.

Quoting thatgirl70:

My FIL's cousin lives in Boulder, DH's brother and his family and (I believe) DH's cousin and his family live in the Denver metroplex. I know Boulder has been hit, but the Denver area? However, I haven't heard if any of them have faced any flooding.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I googled and see that Greeley is affected. I see Denver has flood warnings also.  I hope your family is safe.

Quoting almburr:

Nephew in the Greeley area and neice in Denver area

Chirinos
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I have a cousin in Colorado but not sure where or if she is affected by the flooding.
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I know a few people who are in the danger zone.  I have one friend whose father was missing for 48 hours.  They found him.  I have another friend who has about 4 or 5 feet of water in her basement and it's still coming.  And I know of two other's (not REALLY friends, but not not friends either) who are JUST outside the danger zone, for now.

NextGeneration
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Most of my family is back in Colorado in the Denver area and up north. Some streets in Denver and Aurora flooded and part of the highway. Even Buckley AFB got hit with flooding. A friend of mine is in Longmont but she lives on the side not affected by flooding
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Denver's issue is mostly drainage and water pipes bursting (as opposed to Greeley area who's big problem is creaks/rivers and burned areas washing out).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN