Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coupons

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you use coupons for shopping?  What sorts of coupons do you use and where do you get them?  How much do you think you save?  Share some of your tips!

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PJsAndCoffee
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I try, it never works out though.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I use some out of the paper and print some off.  I am by no means one of the extreme couponers but I do enjoy saving some each shopping trip on items I already buy. 

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM

i use coupons, i don't have a stockpile like they do on the tv shows, but it helps us get buy having 2 or 3 bottles of detergent at a time.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I get the paper on sundays i clip what i can use and i normally save $3to$5 a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I get them from the Sunday papers and some I print from Coupons.com and Couponmom. I only use coupons for what we normally use and I watch for sales, so I can save even more.

How much I save depends on the coupons available each month. I have save anywhere from 0-$50 a trip. The $50 trip included 5-$5 off 5 qt. containers of motor oil and several for shampoos, body wash and grocery items. I keep and eye on expiration dates. If the coupons are going to expire in a week, and we will need something, like deodorant before long, I will get it sooner than needed to save some money.

slgilliam
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I get them from the Sunday paper too. A lot of the time they have good ones on toiletries and cleaning products. Also when you buy stuff like at Target based on what you buy sometimes your receipt spits out coupons. I am not an extreme couponer either but they come in handy when I want to buy makeup or air freshener. I got a bunch of stuff the other day and had $1-$1.50 off coupons.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I use coupons, but am not an extreme couponer. I buy the Sunday paper and match it up with things that are on sale. I save the coupons that I know I'll use and watch for them to go on sale.
Also, stores like CVS and Target will let you use manufacturer and store coupons for the same item. Which can lead to major savings.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I need to get better about the expiration dates thing.  I let way too many expire that I could really use. 

Quoting 1squishysmom:

I get them from the Sunday papers and some I print from Coupons.com and Couponmom. I only use coupons for what we normally use and I watch for sales, so I can save even more.

How much I save depends on the coupons available each month. I have save anywhere from 0-$50 a trip. The $50 trip included 5-$5 off 5 qt. containers of motor oil and several for shampoos, body wash and grocery items. I keep and eye on expiration dates. If the coupons are going to expire in a week, and we will need something, like deodorant before long, I will get it sooner than needed to save some money.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM

if i have a coupon, and its something i buy, i will use it...i am by no means 'extreme'..i maybe save a coupoe bucks here and there.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I do. I shop at krogers and load coupons on to my kroger card. I grocery shopped yesterday and saved $27 with my coupons.  I also print them out, cut coupons from the local papers,etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured