Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Discipline advice needed for 6yr old girl!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is 6yrs old. We never went through the terrible twos but in the past year her emotions and attitude has taken a turn for the worst.  the way she speaks to me is so disrespectful at times. She is always an angel for her dad but when it is just the two of us and she does not get her way she throws a FIT! I have been grounding her to her room lately. Also taken away electronics and fun activities. But it doesn't seem to last , she always does the same thing over again. Her behavior in school has been horrible as well. Always interrupting and causing a disturbance in the classroom..... Anyone have any suggestions for me to correct this behavior?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Replies (11-12):
VsMom1021
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I am a push over and i really need to stop that. I do disciple don't get me wrong but sometimes i pick and choose my battles. I started a chart today for rewards for her good behavior and when shes bad she doesn't get a sticker for that day. I am hoping this works because i def believe in the positive reinforcement!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Do not put up with the disrespectful behavior, give her 1 warning, count to three and then if she doesn't shape up give her a 6 minute time out. Be very consistant, and when she behaves praise her. Talk about making good choices with her, tell her stories, read to her a LOT. Hopefully it's just a phase and it will pass :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)