Question: Question about Violence
Total Votes: 3
Ok, I live near Chicago and the violence there and surrounding areas is outstanding. I just wanted opinion's about why people now (adults and teenagers) go to killing people instead of just old fashion fighting?
Yes I know violence of any type is wrong, but let's face it violence has been around since people have been on this earth, and will be around till the last human leaves this earth. I am not talking about global violence and war. I am talking about your neighbor pissing you off and getting into a fight.
It's seems like now, people are more willing to go from 0-60 with little provocation. Why are we as a society more likely to go straight to deadly violence?
1. Are we just lazy? Are we just to lazy to physically fight out our differences ?
2. Are we spoiled into instant gratification? If you fight someone, yes you might get hurt during the fight, but they might retaliate later therefore you will continue to have to deal with this person. So if you "eliminate" the problem now you won't have to deal with it later?
3. Is it lack of traditional values being taught to children or lack of the nuclear family unit? I read about an tribe that were head hunters, they were classified as extremely aggressive when involved in tribal wars and such. One theory why that tribe was so violent was the husband and wife never really lived together, the children lived with the mother until the boys were teenagers then they moved in with other bachelor males. The father lived with other adult males during the majority of his children's lives.
4. Are we too self involved? Are we only concerned with our wants and needs and not much else.
5. Are we just wusses? Are we just afraid of getting a good old fashion butt whuppin and letting everyone live to fight another day.