Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first haircut! !

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
My DS is 13 Mths old.. his hair is getting so long it's starting to be all in his eyes .. I want to take him to get it cut, but I'm still hesitant . How old was you little ones when you took them to get their first hair cut? How did they/you react? Were you happy with your decision or did you regret it?
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Why are you hesitant?

a_and_j_momma
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Why wouldn't you? Mine was 1 with his first
braybrat30
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I feel like he's too young. I don't want him to be squirming & then they accidentally cut him. I'm also worried about them messing it up, all together.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

Why are you hesitant?

emsmom21
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I wish my son had enough hair for a haircut! He is 13 months :)
robbinsroost
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM

DD1 was 18 month and took her to get her bangs cut. I was tired of having to put her hair up everyday.

DS1 was 10 month when I cut his hair with the clippers at home.

DD2 was a little over 2 when we took her to get her hair trimmed. She did not have much and still doesn't at 6.

DS2 is 19 month and still has not had a haircut. He is finally starting to get some length to it. I think we are going to let his hair grow longer than we let our older DS. They have different hair types and DS2's is much thinner and manageable.

Momma.to.1
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
My son was 6 months. He was born needing a haircut though! He has since had 3 more and is currently looking a little shaggy. But, he did just fine...other than wanting to move around, but it turned out pretty good.
AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Take him to someone who's experienced in cutting children's hair.  If you're really worried about scissors, let them use a shaver/trimmer - but kids are usually a little freaked out by the buzzing.  If his hair gets "messed up" don't worry, it WILL grow back.  And don't forget, if you're upset he will be too - babies pick up on the emotions of those around them.  It's just a haircut, relax :)

Mommy2Boys0900
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My younger son was 13 months old when he got his first haircut. I don't know how I didn't take him sooner. He screamed bloody murder and I felt bad for him, but its not like he was in pain, just maybe a little scared. He was like that for his first few haircuts. I used to have to get in the chair and let him sit in my lap while the barber cut his hair.
mom22boys333
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I cut oldest ds hair at 2 1/2 and youngest is 21 mo but has curly hair so it doesn't look long......I cried when I cut oldest ds hair.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM
My boys were 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured