Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Dang Toothfairy!!! You mom's are killing me!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 7 year old lost a tooth at school yesterday and the lunch helper put it in a baggie and sent it home with him. Well, this apparently got all the kids talking.

SOOO, last night the toothfairy came and she has 4 one dollar bills in her purse, so that is what she left ds. She sprinkled some pixie dust on the money (glitter nail polish) like she always does. Sometimes that little fairy will leave a nice note about how nice his teeth are, sometimes she leaves a note reminding him to brush better/longer. Last night the tf was tired and just left the money with pixie dust on it rolled up and tied with a ribbon.

Well, ds wakes this morning and is happy but then looks at me and says "I wonder why the tooth fairy doesn't think my teeth are very good?"  I ask why he thinks that and tell him his teeth are lovely. "Well, the other kids in my class say they get $5, a new toothbrush and a toy!" A TOY? From the freaking tooth fairy???

YOU MOM'S are KILLING ME! What happened to 2 shiny quarters? lol!

What does the tooth fairy bring your kids (if you participate in this ritual) ?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Mine haven't lost any teeth yet but I'm thinking a couple of quarts or maybe a dollar. I only got a quarter for a tooth.
valrubio
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My kids get a dollar a tooth. They have never said anything to me about other kids getting more money. I have 4 in school but maybe it has never come up, althought they tell everyone when i'm with them.

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
8 moms liked this
My kids get a 2 dollar bill. (The same one- I keep buying it back from them, and they still haven't caught on!) lol
momager2two
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
First tooth will get a dollar. Every other tooth will get a quarter. No toys or $5! Maybe a new toothbrush depending on how close the tooth loss is. I got a dollar for my first tooth. The rest i ended up going to the dentist when they were loose to have pulled because they would not come out for anything!
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
The tooth fairy has been forgetting my kids teeth the last year or so, so mom just gives them a $5 for them now. =\
CocoaKisses70
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I know right. Well I used to go and get those gold $1 coins from the bank and just put them aside for this specifically. The novelty of the coin being gold looking was enough for my littles.

I dont know if you remember the coin star commercial from several years ago, but show it to your little and explain that maybe she ran out of "BIG MONEY". lol Ill try to find the commercial for you on youtube mama.

http://youtu.be/b5CHFPf0214

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
$5 for the first tooth and $1-$2 for every tooth after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
.50 to $1 that is all
-PB
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Dang!  I want 5 bucks and a toy.  **Starts wiggling teeth**

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I got a quarter which bought me $25 pieces of penny candy, lol.

Mine got $1. I think a toy or several dollars is beyond crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN