Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could I make for Dinner with this?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

Okay so I have a red onion and red small potatoes that I want to use, lots of spices, some garlic, yellow and orange and red peppers. I had a really good meal with small red poatoes and a red onion at a family cattered party but I cant remember it

Ohh the main course is going to be meat loaf...

Any ideas?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Chop the onion yellow and orange peppers and brush with olive oil grill them.
Mix some garlic. Rosemary thyme and olive oil . Cut the potatoes onto chunks coat with mixture and bake.
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I want to go to YOUR House for dinner!! :) oh yum!!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Mix some garlic. Rosemary thyme and olive oil . Cut the potatoes onto chunks coat with mixture and bake.

cupcake_mom
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I would add all veggies in with meat loaf (in the pan) and bake it
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Cmon over. I did this with a boneless pork loin the other night. It was awesome.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I want to go to YOUR House for dinner!! :) oh yum!!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

ZombieChicken
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I would dice the peppers and add to the meatloaf and roast the garlic, onion and potato in olive oil and salt.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Sounds good

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I would slice it all up, put it in an aluminum foil packet, drizzled with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper.  You could either stick it on the grill or put it in the oven til it's tender.  Should be delish!

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting rebeccab1966:

I would slice it all up, put it in an aluminum foil packet, drizzled with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper.  You could either stick it on the grill or put it in the oven til it's tender.  Should be delish!

hmmm that sounds good...at what temp do you figure the meat loat has to be 350!

rebeccab1966
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting rebeccab1966:

hmmm that sounds good...at what temp do you figure the meat loat has to be 350!

If you slice the potatoes thin enough, you could do it at 350, would probably take about an hour.  Make the packet tight so they steam quicker.  You should try it next time putting some sliced smoked sausage into the packets.  SO good, the juice from the sausage makes the potatoes, onions and peppers so delicious.  Hope you like it!

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thinly slice everything and layer in a casserole with butter, salt and pepper, between layers. Bake until done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured