Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

The doctors office was out of vaccines....anyone else have this issue?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

I took my foster son to the dr for his 6 month shots today and they were completely out of shots. I wish they would have told me before me making the trip out there, but regardless....does this usually happen? 

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

There has been times that it has happened with 1 or 2 of the vaccines. Never all of them though.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Every single one, they couldn't even give him a influenza shot. 

Quoting Mommynwife26:

There has been times that it has happened with 1 or 2 of the vaccines. Never all of them though.

allornone
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yes, this happened to me with my oldest dd was little because of 9/11. They will catch him up. I understand your frustration. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, they said he would just get them at his next medical appointment at the hospital. I am frustrated because he has at least 15 appointments a month at various places. Today was an appointment that didn't need to happen if they didn't have the vaccines. 
Thank you for understanding, it is very very frustrating!!! 

Quoting allornone:

Yes, this happened to me with my oldest dd was little because of 9/11. They will catch him up. I understand your frustration. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Ugh.  Poor little guy.  I hate that.  My dd is healthy but I have some medical problems and there have been times where I had so many appointments it was hard to keep track. blah.

Last year I was trying to get a flu shot and my doc's office ran out.  I've never had problems with dd's doc though.  You'd think that they would have called you and just rescheduled in a week or two when they get the vaccines.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Yeah, they said he would just get them at his next medical appointment at the hospital. I am frustrated because he has at least 15 appointments a month at various places. Today was an appointment that didn't need to happen if they didn't have the vaccines. 
Thank you for understanding, it is very very frustrating!!! 

Quoting allornone:

lnr187
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

i've had that happen once, but the dr office called to reschedule the appt. since then, i call a day or 2 before, just to make sure.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM

The only time that happened to us was when they were out of flu shots.  That stinks for sure!

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

This is a good idea, I wouldn't have thought of calling.

Quoting lnr187:

i've had that happen once, but the dr office called to reschedule the appt. since then, i call a day or 2 before, just to make sure.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

They should have let you know before you made the trip.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Frustrating. Next time call ahead to be sure.  :(   And no it hasn't happened to me before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN