Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mold/Mildew on washer rubber seal

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
Help! My boyfriend and I bought his parents maytag Neptune washer off of them, and it has mold/mildew all over the rubber seal. I looked up ways to get it off, and it said to put bleach in the bleach compartment and then run it through the hottest cycle, then wipe it off. I did this twice. It won't come off. Apparently there was a lawsuit against this type of washer for this problem, but that was over 7 years ago. I don't know what to do, we don't have money for a new washer which is why we bought his parents used one in the first place. I don't want to wash my baby's clothes in mildew!!! It WON'T come off though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I can not for life of me figure out which part you are talking about.  The mildew/mold may be gone but discoloration is permanent.

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:47 AM
The rubber seal, or boot drain. The rubber ring around the inside. So if its just discoloration, it should be fine to wash our clothes in right?

Quoting frndlyfn:

I can not for life of me figure out which part you are talking about.  The mildew/mold may be gone but discoloration is permanent.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Correct.  If you want, throw in a white towel if you have any that if it gets ruined it is no big deal.  Also to be safe you can put the baby clothes in a pillow case to protect them against any rubbing of machine.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

The rubber seal, or boot drain. The rubber ring around the inside. So if its just discoloration, it should be fine to wash our clothes in right?

Quoting frndlyfn:

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM
That's a good idea! Thank you. I don't know if you'll know the answer to this question but maybe someone else will, we're switching to cloth diapers soon, could I throw those in a pillow case as well?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Correct.  If you want, throw in a white towel if you have any that if it gets ruined it is no big deal.  Also to be safe you can put the baby clothes in a pillow case to protect them against any rubbing of machine.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I honestly do not know about modern cloth diapers ( i remember the ones from 80s that mom passed down to my dolls LOL) but i do not think putting in pillow case could hurt them.  Remember to dump any waste down toilet before washing.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

That's a good idea! Thank you. I don't know if you'll know the answer to this question but maybe someone else will, we're switching to cloth diapers soon, could I throw those in a pillow case as well?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Okay thank you! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

I honestly do not know about modern cloth diapers ( i remember the ones from 80s that mom passed down to my dolls LOL) but i do not think putting in pillow case could hurt them.  Remember to dump any waste down toilet before washing.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)