Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

bad bad badddd mom

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • 45 Replies

just saw a post on facebook tonight, damn near broke my heart:   I have a question to all the moms out there.
if you haven't seen your children in over 2 months what would you do? I bet it's not leave them alone for 2hours and go get drunk. thank you "mom" makes us feel like we are worth something...

this post just broke my heart. that poor baby............he's about 16, but he should still have a MOM

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Where was he for 2 months?  Some people consider 16 yr olds near adults and do not continue to be there as a parent for them.   Obviously I do not know the whole story.

cjsix
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM
It doesn't matter how old we are we still need our Moms. I don't know what post on fb you saw but,at 16 he does need his Mom and if she hasn't been around for awhile and then when she is her first thought is to get drunk....wow! So not cool....poor kid! I hope he has someone in his life he can count on and whom he knows loves him...it doesn't sound like mom is that person.
want10more
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM

his 'mom' is more interested in gettin totally crunked, and jumping from man to man. i know this kid, he was a pal of my kid's. and oh how i hurt for him. but at 16, i could not longer reach him...... he's now a really tough mean kid, and how can you blame him? eh? i just wish he could come to OUR house more, i invited him, but i doubt he'll come. we hug and kiss here, he's not used to that, he thinks we're weird. poor baby.

Quoting cjsix:

It doesn't matter how old we are we still need our Moms. I don't know what post on fb you saw but,at 16 he does need his Mom and if she hasn't been around for awhile and then when she is her first thought is to get drunk....wow! So not cool....poor kid! I hope he has someone in his life he can count on and whom he knows loves him...it doesn't sound like mom is that person.

want10more
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:45 AM

he was close in geography to his mom, she just didn't care to spend time w/ him. and she wasn't there from birth. i know you don't k now the whole story, which is pretty much responsible of you, but in this instance? this is a mom that just gave birth an d then just jumped from man to man and got drunk a WHOLE BUNCH and never worried about her kids. this is a lil boy that didn't have a mom from birth. he has sisters that feel the same way, they've been abandoned cuz "mom" would rather get drunk and have bf's than be a real mom.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Where was he for 2 months?  Some people consider 16 yr olds near adults and do not continue to be there as a parent for them.   Obviously I do not know the whole story.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Ah yes.  I do not understand those who chose to have children yet do not want to or not able to be a parent for them.   The lifestyle the parent lives in this case is very self destructive and those children do not get to live a 'normal " life.

Quoting want10more:

he was close in geography to his mom, she just didn't care to spend time w/ him. and she wasn't there from birth. i know you don't k now the whole story, which is pretty much responsible of you, but in this instance? this is a mom that just gave birth an d then just jumped from man to man and got drunk a WHOLE BUNCH and never worried about her kids. this is a lil boy that didn't have a mom from birth. he has sisters that feel the same way, they've been abandoned cuz "mom" would rather get drunk and have bf's than be a real mom.

Quoting frndlyfn:

cjsix
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Quoting want10more:

his 'mom' is more interested in gettin totally crunked, and jumping from man to man. i know this kid, he was a pal of my kid's. and oh how i hurt for him. but at 16, i could not longer reach him...... he's now a really tough mean kid, and how can you blame him? eh? i just wish he could come to OUR house more, i invited him, but i doubt he'll come. we hug and kiss here, he's not used to that, he thinks we're weird. poor baby.

Quoting cjsix:

PLease...keep letting him know you are there for him any time he needs and even if he doesn't think he needs someone. He needs to know someone cares about him...his sisters do too from what you have shared...Maybe just maybe ...if he gets enough love from you and your family (if he'll let you) he'll get past that "I'm Tough" stage and allow that hurt little boy inside to heal.
Bonita131
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Quoting want10more:

Quoting cjsix:

If you're hugging and kissing your 16 yr old son all the time, it's not only weird, it's creepy.

want10more
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting cjsix:

If you're hugging and kissing your 16 yr old son all the time, it's not only weird, it's creepy.

want10more
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Oh give me a huge break. It's so sad, and such an enormous commentary on today's "parenting techniques" or lack thereof, to immediate espy pedophiliac tendencies in a naturally affectionate family. Being born to this family of course he's been raised to know that hugs and kisses are an appropriate manifestation of familial love. He hugs me every day, and there is simply no reason to feel uncomfortable in ANY way in kissing him on the forehead or cheek. I show my love to all my children in the same way, albeit my 14-yr old step girlee is not comfortable w/ this, as she was raised in a very chilly home. For her, a squeeze on the shoulder shows my love. And she'll lay on my lap and I'll stroke her hair while watching tv. Perhaps you find that weird too. If so, what goes on in YOUR life that a hug and a kiss, a stroke or a squeeze from a parent immediately leads to sex, or sexual feelings towards not only a CHILD but your OWN child? Sheeeeeesh.............. so gross.......

letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM

that mom needs to be smacked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)