Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Traveling with a toddler

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

Our son has recently grown to large for his pack and play for traveling.

What suggestions do you have for sleeping in hotel rooms?  he has been sleeping in his crib at home  with just a toddler rail and does just fine, but he is a mover lol would fall out if something wast there.

Hoping for some suggestion!

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Many hotels/motels have portable cribs, often for a fee.

We had a sleeping tray for our kids. It was great for all 3 kids when they were small.

STVUstudent
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

once mine outgrew their pack-n-plays, I just put them in the regular bed.  All of mine are creepers as well and never fell out of the bed.

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Walmart has little cots in the baby section for kids up to about 70 lbs. It's easy to fold and pack and comes with a little bag. Takes up less room than a pack and play. It works great for my DS who is 2 years old. They also have air mattresses for toddlers that inflate and the center is lower than the edges.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM

an inflatable mattress to take along.  They are pretty inexpensive.  We thought about getting one for dd temporarily until we put up actual bed but then i remembered i had actual bed already so we just put in on floor w/o the frame for time being.  She is 7 and still quite the mover.   Some hotels can provide a cot for a child.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM

You could take a side rail along for the hotel bed or you could do one of those child sized air mattresses. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)