Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I NEED birth control! Please HELP ME!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
  • 24 Replies

I have tried pills, I have tried an IUD, I have tried abstinence (that lasted about four months ha), and now we are just using condoms.  They seem to be working so far, but they are inconvenient and make me nervous regarding breakages.  My main problems with birth control are:

1. horrible mood swings

2. acne

3. weight gain

4. Vomitting/ Nausea

I want an easy birth control I don't have to remember to take every day that I can take with Zoloft (I am diagnosed OCD and have anxiety disorder).  I also have body image issues, so I don't want anything that will make me gain weight.  Thank you for anyone who has any advice!

I'm considering

1. ParaGard

2. Nuva Ring

BUT I'm open to anything that will work!

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Succubus1987
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I keep track of my danger days and use the pull out method.
sfigu16
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

samee...dont like bc makes me super sick but we use condoms :)

Quoting Succubus1987:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We love Natural Family Planning.  It is just as effective(if not more so) then the hormonal birth controls and is fairly easy to use once you learn the method.  If you want to know more about it let me know and I can pm you some information on it.

Tay06
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I have researched this, and it sounds better than messing with your body with bc, but my periods are crazy.  I could never keep up with when I'm ovulating or anything. :/  I had a miscarriage while I had Mirena and then I had a miscarriage while using the pill, and I took the damn thing every day at 5 o'clock.  I've had two doctors tell me to just give up.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

We love Natural Family Planning.  It is just as effective(if not more so) then the hormonal birth controls and is fairly easy to use once you learn the method.  If you want to know more about it let me know and I can pm you some information on it.

Tay06
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one :(

Quoting sfigu16:

Quoting Succubus1987:

sfigu16
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

no girl, bc makes me super sick and super depressed too. I dont like it:( I wish i could take it

Quoting Tay06:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :(

Quoting sfigu16:

Quoting Succubus1987:

jenC1978
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Just stick with condoms.  You can't have any bad side effects with that.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Go for it. Once I find a man I'm using this.
ITM abstinence has worked great for me for 5 yrs.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I use mirena because of medical issues it is the best option for me. We used the Creighton fertility method previously because I can't take anything with estrogen in it because of my high blood pressure and endometriosis.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Ignore them! there are ways to estimate even when your period's whack. I've researched it too since mine is all over the place.

Quoting Tay06:

I have researched this, and it sounds better than messing with your body with bc, but my periods are crazy.  I could never keep up with when I'm ovulating or anything. :/  I had a miscarriage while I had Mirena and then I had a miscarriage while using the pill, and I took the damn thing every day at 5 o'clock.  I've had two doctors tell me to just give up.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)