Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Oh where oh where has my period gone? Oh where oh where can she be? With her...

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:42 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hello, hello ladies!

First off let me begin by saying this is my first post!! Eeek!! And second I hope you sang my post title when reading it.

Any who, this past month has been a tough one for me. I have been struggling a lot with some family drama and I have been stressed more than I thought I could ever handle. Dealing with all this stress I seemed to miss when or if I ovulated. And today I'm 5 days late. I thought maybe that I could be pregnant because I'm never late, but I took a test and it was bfn. So I than began to think that I'm late because of all the stress I have been under. Which brings me to some questions. When you're late and the cause is because of stress, can you ovulate late? Since I'm unsure if I ovulated or not. I have had many of signs of starting my period, but nothing! Well early tonight I had a bm and when I wiped my front I saw there was ewcm, which got me thinking that I may have just ovulated. Does/can this happen? And when I think it about more the signs I was having was a lot like when I ovulate because I was having pain on one side. Any advice, ideas or own experiments is well appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

P.S. hope I did okay on my first post! [=

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM

no clue what half of your appr. are but yes stress can change your body's rthym since stress causes different hormones than fertility/ovulation hormones.    Mine likes to change things up once in awhile but then stay steady on that path.

Sammi20
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Stress can change it or make you not have one at all. The pain in your side Could be the fertilized egg implanting on your uterine wall.. I get side pains too from PCOS so I'm always unsure. Good luck! (If you are ttc)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Stress can mess with your system greatly. It can cause you not to ovulate and not to have a period. There is also a chance it can cause you to do both late.

BTW,  you did great on your first post and I did sing you post title, lol.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

littlelamb303
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM

stress can cause period changes.  It actually happens to my dd a lot when she is under stress, it is sometimes late.  My cycle also changes at times. 

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Stress can wreak havoc on your whole body. Periods can stop, weight gain or loss, headaches etc etc. I hope things have gotten easier for you! Welcome to CafeMom!

*and yes now I am singing about a lost puppy and your period! LOL!

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Ugh! Isnt being a woman just fantastic with all the periods and hormones, and baby making inside our bodies, and stress of stupid ass men, kids.. ahhhh. It IS wonderful, huh? :D Stress will do that to ya, you'll probably be starting soon. Are you on birth control? Birth control will help you stay reg pretty much no matter what, and youll have less worry about wether you think youre starting on time or not.

I read the title to the tune in my head :p lol So yah thanks for that! ;) And you did good dear. :)

Happy Period! :)

Acid
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Are you on your period by any chance?  What a useless rant. 

I don't know what sort of men you surround yourself with in order to make such a humungous generalization about them.

I've got a pretty fantastic husband.  He's neither stupid nor an asshole.

OP, stress can cause cycle irregularities.  If it's still absent in a week, take another pregnancy test, and then call your doctor.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Ugh! Isnt being a woman just fantastic with all the periods and hormones, and baby making inside our bodies, and stress of stupid ass men, kids.. ahhhh. It IS wonderful, huh? :D Stress will do that to ya, you'll probably be starting soon. Are you on birth control? Birth control will help you stay reg pretty much no matter what, and youll have less worry about wether you think youre starting on time or not.

I read the title to the tune in my head :p lol So yah thanks for that! ;) And you did good dear. :)

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hmmm thats surprising since youre such a bitch. lol I was joking. Some people. :p AND furthermore, it was NOT directed to YOU or YOUR so wonderful husband. :) So no offense. ;) hahaha

Quoting Acid:

Are you on your period by any chance?  What a useless rant. 

I don't know what sort of men you surround yourself with in order to make such a humungous generalization about them.

I've got a pretty fantastic husband.  He's neither stupid nor an asshole.

OP, stress can cause cycle irregularities.  If it's still absent in a week, take another pregnancy test, and then call your doctor.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Acid
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Yes, honesty makes me a bitch.

Somehow I'm not surprised that calling me a bitch and attempting to insult me was the only thing you were able to come up with.

I'm guessing that one useless rant zapped your I.Q. for the day.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Hmmm thats surprising since youre such a bitch. lol I was joking. Some people. :p AND furthermore, it was NOT directed to YOU or YOUR so wonderful husband. :) So no offense. ;) hahaha

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Lol stfu dude, it wasnt meant for you anyway, dont like what I wrote, then mind your own fucking business and have some manners :) OP look out for women like this on here, they try to start drama over the internet  on Cafe mom like theyre some tough shit and be rude as hell to anyone for any reason.

Acid, lol point made right there sweetie, your name says it ALL, done with you.

Quoting Acid:

Yes, honesty makes me a bitch.

Somehow I'm not surprised that calling me a bitch and attempting to insult me was the only thing you were able to come up with.

I'm guessing that one useless rant zapped your I.Q. for the day.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)