Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Change and baby doesnt like it. =/

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 21 Replies
Im a new mommy to a 3 month old and originally she had to be rocked for a few minutes to be put down for a nap, she use to smile all the time, stay preoccupied with hanging toys above her but now for the past week since daddy started working again and she doesnt see him as often she has completely done a 360. She is fussy pretty much all day long. Will only take naps if im holding her the entire time, if i even try to put her down she will wake up and her naps dont last as long as they use to. Doesnt seem to be a happy camper like she was and doesnt seem to enjoy her toys for as long as she use to. =/ is this possibly from the change of not seeing daddy as much?? I dont know what to do, especially for her naps, no nap= a cranky baby....
Not being able to put her down plus having to rock her much longer has given me no time at all for me to recharge.
Is this normal? Will it pass? How can i help her?
Any advice or tips would be so great!!!
New mommy = Lost Mommy

-Caitlin
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
They go through all kinds of phases. Keep putting her down trying to have her self soothe. I did and mine both learned. Unless you want to keep the rocking up indefinetly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Can you lay her down in your bed next to you? You can get some sleep (at least for naps!) and as soon as she is asleep, sneak away or fall asleep yourself.
AmayasMommie25
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM
How can i get her to soothe herself, she cries at everything i try to put her in, it be nice not having to rock her all the time and i dont think the cry it out method is something i would try especilly her being still so little.
How did your babies learn
AmayasMommie25
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I actually have not tried laying with her, but i do notice that if i try to sit and rock her she cries and prefers me to stand. =/
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the new baby!  They are so fun but definitely can keep us on our toes guessing, lol.  I would say it doesn't have to do with your DH being gone.  At that age they don't really have a huge memory for how things are so when he is there she might like it but when he is gone she can't really grasp him being gone, know what I mean?  It more likely has to do with her becoming more aware of the world around her and starting to know what she likes and starting to see more and such. 

Do you have a swing she might nap in?  It would still give her the rocking motion and keep her held tight like you were holping her but free up your hands.  I have also heard many people swear by wearing baby in a wrap although I never did that. 

She is starting to notice so much more around her and instead of being able to just sit and watch it she is probably wanting to figure out how to do more active type things.  I would start trying to look for toys she can bat at like a toy gym and toys she can try to start holding.  Also change her scenery a lot so she doesn't get bored.  Go for walks with the stroller, move her around the room to different places to play, etc. 

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this
It could very well be because of the fact that your husband isn't around as much. It's hard for babies to go through changes, but she will adapt. Have you tried babywearing? Get a baby carrier, a ring sling, or a wrap and put her in it while you go about your daily chores. I do this with my 3 mo old everyday and it puts him to sleep within 5 minutes. Once he's in a deep sleep I can take him out and put him in his swing to sleep while I do things like the dishes that I can't do with him in his carrier. I have the boba 3G, it's a lifesaver! I've also noticed that the days I don't carry him, he's fussy. Babies want to be held close :)
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Also another out of the box idea is a shirt that daddy as worn, you can try wrapping her in it if you truely think that is the cause of her fussiness.   All babies go through stages of sleep and wanting to be held.   Fussiness could be caused by so many things.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Buy a wrap or a sling, not a baby carrier those are uncomfy. They can be life savers.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Babies can't "self sooth" that is a myth. They get used to routine and can either fall asleep by their self or not. If they learn no one is coming they will eventually learn to do it on their own but they aren't made to do so. Babies are genetically supposed to be nursed to sleep that's why they get "milk drunk" rocking is a close second.

Quoting atlmom2:

They go through all kinds of phases. Keep putting her down trying to have her self soothe. I did and mine both learned. Unless you want to keep the rocking up indefinetly.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine did. I had excellent sleepers. Great babies. I never nursed.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Babies can't "self sooth" that is a myth. They get used to routine and can either fall asleep by their self or not. If they learn no one is coming they will eventually learn to do it on their own but they aren't made to do so. Babies are genetically supposed to be nursed to sleep that's why they get "milk drunk" rocking is a close second.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN