Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

diet and exercise

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm 5' 3" and I weigh 188lbs. I've been dieting and exercising for 2 months now and I'm seeing NO results. At first I thought weight takes a bit to come off cuz you tend to gain muscles so I started measuring. I lost a little in both after that but now I'm doing more cardio and sticking to my duet better and I'm getting bigger all the way around. Its becoming very depressing. I was taking to a friend and she said maybe myits a medical thing. Idk cuz I've never had any weight problem other than hand to mouth and that was my own fault. Does anyone know anything that could help. I have very low selfesteem and I am trying to work on a few aspects if myself to start feeling better and this really makes me want to just give up and have chocolate. :-(
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has been having issues loosing weight for months.  They found out he has sleep apnea and it is making it where his body just won't shed the weight.  As soon as he gets on the sleep apnea machine they said it should start to fall off.  I have also heard that if you have problems with your thyroid it can make it where you can't loose weight. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
What are you eating? I have lost 20 1/2 pounds since June 1. Hardly any exercise.
I try and eat no red meat. 3 meals and 2 or 3 healthy 100 calorie snacks. Cut down on sugar, fat, and carbs. Eat mostly veggies, fish and chicken. Cereal or high fiber oatmeal for breakfast. All whole wheat pasta or bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jsexton5
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Lots of veggies, thre are vitamins and stuff that boost your metabolism  chicken has half the fat and twice the protein asbeef. Lots and lots of cardio, and then specific workouts for different area's to target tightening and lean muscle. What are you eating, how much, etc.?

Rota
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of us have never heard of the hormone leptin- but it is at the root of most hormonal, dietary, weight loss, sleep problem, issues including heart disease and diabetes. Without going into the nature of this hormone ( which most physicians have barely any knowlege of this hormone and its function), I will tell you what the text book explains how to reverse the obesity trend.

1. . Eat a protein rich breakfast.

2Allow at least 5-6 hours between meals. NO SNACKING

3. Obey the 50/50 rule. For a size of protein at each meal ( egg, meat, tofu etc) only eat the equal size of high carbohydrate food- like pasta, bread, rice, corn, etc.

4. Do not eat anything after dinner.

5. Do not eat large meals. Most of us eat too much. Take your time eating- at least 20 minutes so that your "satisfaction" trigger catches up to you. Eat lots of vegetables and include healthy fats- enough of them so that you are not hungry. Fats do not make you fat- it's the sugar that causes people to gain weight.

Sam1683
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Thankyou I'll bring those both up when I can see a Dr.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My DH has been having issues loosing weight for months.  They found out he has sleep apnea and it is making it where his body just won't shed the weight.  As soon as he gets on the sleep apnea machine they said it should start to fall off.  I have also heard that if you have problems with your thyroid it can make it where you can't loose weight. 

Sam1683
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Breakfast: fruit or light yogurt
Lunch &dinner: Salad with tuna or chicken with about 1.5tbsp of dressing and I try to do noncream dressing as much as I can stand
There are times when I go out and can't always stick to this but its not as often as it use to be. Before dieting I was eating a lot if pasta and fast food and drinking soda and juice and energy drinks now mostly water about 1 cop of coffee a day with fake sugar and 2% milk.

Quoting atlmom2:

What are you eating? I have lost 20 1/2 pounds since June 1. Hardly any exercise.

I try and eat no red meat. 3 meals and 2 or 3 healthy 100 calorie snacks. Cut down on sugar, fat, and carbs. Eat mostly veggies, fish and chicken. Cereal or high fiber oatmeal for breakfast. All whole wheat pasta or bread.

Sam1683
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Mostly fruit and veggies
I try to stay with in single serving limits

Quoting Jsexton5:

Lots of veggies, thre are vitamins and stuff that boost your metabolism  chicken has half the fat and twice the protein asbeef. Lots and lots of cardio, and then specific workouts for different area's to target tightening and lean muscle. What are you eating, how much, etc.?

Sam1683
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I will be trying the things you have suggested that I don't already do Thankyou

Quoting Rota:

Most of us have never heard of the hormone leptin- but it is at the root of most hormonal, dietary, weight loss, sleep problem, issues including heart disease and diabetes. Without going into the nature of this hormone ( which most physicians have barely any knowlege of this hormone and its function), I will tell you what the text book explains how to reverse the obesity trend.

1. . Eat a protein rich breakfast.

2Allow at least 5-6 hours between meals. NO SNACKING

3. Obey the 50/50 rule. For a size of protein at each meal ( egg, meat, tofu etc) only eat the equal size of high carbohydrate food- like pasta, bread, rice, corn, etc.

4. Do not eat anything after dinner.

5. Do not eat large meals. Most of us eat too much. Take your time eating- at least 20 minutes so that your "satisfaction" trigger catches up to you. Eat lots of vegetables and include healthy fats- enough of them so that you are not hungry. Fats do not make you fat- it's the sugar that causes people to gain weight.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I trip to the doctor to talk about what you've said here couldn't hurt.  Your doctor can run some blood work and see if anything medically is going on that may be hindering your weight loss.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe you don't eat enough. Figure out your BMR online. Keep metabolism even and eat every 3 to 4 hours with snacks.

Quoting Sam1683:

Breakfast: fruit or light yogurt

Lunch &dinner: Salad with tuna or chicken with about 1.5tbsp of dressing and I try to do noncream dressing as much as I can stand

There are times when I go out and can't always stick to this but its not as often as it use to be. Before dieting I was eating a lot if pasta and fast food and drinking soda and juice and energy drinks now mostly water about 1 cop of coffee a day with fake sugar and 2% milk.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)