Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When do they sleep through the night?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD is 7 months as goes to bed at 9. She has 3 naps during the day and wakes up once or twice through the night.

Tonight she fell asleep at 6. I'm not ready to wake up at 3 am. UGH. When did your kid start sleeping through the night, and didn't stop (except of course every now and then).

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3 days old but up to two years is normal
Hopejoypeace
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I have four kids. My son mostly around 9 months when he was no longer addicted to his pacifier. My oldest daughter was I think about 18 months. The next was I think about 13 months. My baby 15 months. Kids are all different so you will have to wait and see. The funny part for me was once I had one Allen through the night I had a new baby in the house I went little over five year being woke up every night. There are still plenty of nights that I am woken up due to dreams weather bathroom runs and sickness. I think it comes with the territory of being a mom.
MommeisQueen
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Maybe try just one or two naps.

http://lotsofloveandlaughs.blogspot.com/

A family blog.

Hopejoypeace
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Breast feed babies are different than bottle fed babies. I breast feed two and bottle feed two. My nursing babies would eat a lot in the evening closer together meals. I know that it takes a lot out of you but it keeps your milk supply up for what baby needs. It is called cluster feedings. Give this a try and it may help baby sleeping longer may wake up later starting the process to sleep all night Plus remember that your milk supply will change when baby starts to sleep all night

Quoting JamieBue38:

Yeah, I know I need to move up her bed time, but she always throws a fit before 9pm, she'll scream and dry up my milk, and then there's nothing I can do but just wear her out even more. Maybe I'll push back the 3rd nap into night time.

Quoting jackiewal10:

And if an infant (under the age of 1) is waking at night, chances are, it IS hunger related.  Never should night feedings be withheld before the age of 1. (Not saying you do that, just a general statement.)

You could try cutting him back to 2 naps instead of 3 and see what happens.  And if you do that, I would suggest moving his bedtime up to closer to 7/7:30.  You don't want an OVERtired baby either.

Quoting JamieBue38:

That's what I was thinking. Their tummies are so tiny, how is it possible for them not to wake up and be hungry in the middle of the night? 

Quoting jackiewal10:

DS 1, about 18 months. DS 2 at about 2.5.  It is MORE abnormal for infants to sleep through the night before the age of 1 than it is for them not to.  World-wide, the average age is between 2 and 3 years old.

katyq
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

My son was 14 months when he slept through without waking at all. My nieces were all three closer to 18 months.

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Ds 1 was around 2 months and dd was around 3 months. I would have to wake them up to feed them. Now they're 2 & 3 and sleep through the night.
momofsunshine77
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

NEVER!!!!  They trick you!!!  You think they sleep through the night finally, then they have nightmares, or need water, or need a kiss, or afraid of the dark, etc.  My 4 1/2 year still gets up occasionally at nighty!!! 

LOL

emmy526
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

my last one, 6mos...

my third, 9mos

my second, 2YEARS

my first, 15mos

TxMamma11
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My DS is 2 and still wakes. He has never been a good sleeper though. I sure do hope he gets better though.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

totally depends on the kid.  My youngest slept 6-8 hours at 3 months, my middle didn't sleep through the night EVERL until 18 months and we still have a few nights a week she's up for hours in the middle of the night (she's 4 and has SPD), my youngest is 2.5 and started about 10 months when I forced the night weaning with DH's help right after Christmas when DH was off work a few days to help me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN