Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When do they sleep through the night?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD is 7 months as goes to bed at 9. She has 3 naps during the day and wakes up once or twice through the night.

Tonight she fell asleep at 6. I'm not ready to wake up at 3 am. UGH. When did your kid start sleeping through the night, and didn't stop (except of course every now and then).

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
Aramat34
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

My son is four and just started sleeping through the night. Babies especially are on different sleep patterns. We can't expect babies to sleep when we do its just not in their nature.  My son just self weaned in the summer, he loved his sleepy milk!

bzzybeemomof3
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Mine slept through the night from birth. My now 20 month old slept 13 hours a night from birth, but was woken up for the first 8 days in the NICU. When we got home on day 8 I just left her to sleep which was 13 hours. She still sleeps 13 hours a night and a 5 hour nap in the day time....

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Your 20 month old sleeps 18 hours in a 24 hour period? That can't be right?

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Mine slept through the night from birth. My now 20 month old slept 13 hours a night from birth, but was woken up for the first 8 days in the NICU. When we got home on day 8 I just left her to sleep which was 13 hours. She still sleeps 13 hours a night and a 5 hour nap in the day time....

bzzybeemomof3
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yup its right.

That is what she sleeps every day. She sufferes from sleep apnea and another medical condition called Choanal Atresia. She fights hard to breath while awake and while asleep. So it burns tons of calories and makes her sleep.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Ds was just a few weeks old. Dd is 3 and is just starting to consistently sleep through the night.
Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Well ... when she was around 1 she slept through the night for about 3 months then she went back to waking 3-4 times a night ... she's down to waking up 2 times a night now.

CafeMom Tickers

-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

My dd slept through the night between 4 and 7 months.  At 7 months she started waking up again and that lasted until she was about 2 years old.  Some babies do, others don't.  You could try cutting out 1 nap and just do 2 naps but no guarantee that will actually work.  GL!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Aww :( Is it a struggle to get enough nutrition in her during awake hours?

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Yup its right.

That is what she sleeps every day. She sufferes from sleep apnea and another medical condition called Choanal Atresia. She fights hard to breath while awake and while asleep. So it burns tons of calories and makes her sleep.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

bzzybeemomof3
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

No, not at all. She is my lil piggy. lol She eats a very well balanced diet and eats a tad more high calorie foods or just added extra calories.

Breakfast alone today was: Glass of oj and a glass of milk. 2 scrambled eggs with tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese. 2 pieces of veggie bread with pb. And she had some grapes and cut up strawberries. lol

Snack: Water (has all day) Cheese and crackers with turkey keilbossa and she stoled some of my poptart when I went pee. lol

Lunch: Milk, homemade beef and broccoli on white rice. And some pita chips with hummus.

She has been sleeping now since 10:45am and usually gets up between 3:30pm and 4pm and has a snack when she gets up (more like a 2nd lunch) then dinner at 5:30pm and a bedtime snack and in bed at 7pm. lol

You wouldnt think by her eating habits she would only be 18lbs at 20 months old lol and 28 1/4 inches tall. lol

Our biggest struggle is keeping her from burning the calories she gets, and not so much the nutrition itself, we pretty much 95% of the time eat homemade foods. But the sleep delayed her walking till 16 months and she is still non-verbal. at this time, we start speech therapy on the 9th tho. lol

Srry I wrote a novel to a simple question. lol

Quoting stepconfused182:

Aww :( Is it a struggle to get enough nutrition in her during awake hours?

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Yup its right.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
First child was over 14 months. Second child
Is 10 months and not sleeping through the night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN