Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When do they sleep through the night?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD is 7 months as goes to bed at 9. She has 3 naps during the day and wakes up once or twice through the night.

Tonight she fell asleep at 6. I'm not ready to wake up at 3 am. UGH. When did your kid start sleeping through the night, and didn't stop (except of course every now and then).

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Lol.

My first was over 2 years old.

The next kid was faster, I think because she was a thumb sucker and found her own comfort very quickly.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Sleeping through the night for a baby is only sleeping for 5 hours straight. My dd didn't start doing that until around 6 months & now at 13 months she still wakes atleast once or twice. It's more normal & common for babies to wake a lot throughout the night then to sleep 10 hour stretches. It prevents SIDS.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My 4 and 5 year old still get up in the middle of the night! It's not an every night thing thankfully but they will come into our room and try to sleep with us. 

It's more my 4 year old though. He just wakes up and sometimes can't fall back to sleep. 

When they were babies, they were up at least 3 times a night. None of them were good sleepers. 

ShesALady
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I have an 8 month old and she wakes up 3-4 times still. My older two did the same thing for at least a year. My middle daughter continued to wake up in the night and climb in bed with me until she was 3. Then I'd have to get up and put her back in her bed. Its part of motherhood.
Maggiesmith121
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM
How did you ladies get so lucky?! Granted, ds has always slept constantly, even now, but dd is 4 and wakes me nightly! Sometimes just to talk, sometimes for me to get her a drink or turn on the hallway light! Although I do have to say, dd2 is six days old as of tomorrow and she's a constant sleeper like her brother- I actually have to wake her up.
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Uh... my oldest was 4 ish. I'll let you know when my 3 year old starts.
moogsmom03
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Mine were 6 wks and 8 wks old.
slgilliam
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Mine started around 7-8 weeks. But she is now 7 months as well and she has started to wake up during night or very early in the morning. She also takes 3 naps a day. But her last nap I only let her sleep about 30 mins and then I wake her up.

Annettey19
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

If she's sleeping 6 pm to 3 am that's pretty good. Try giving her a snack with protein right before bed. That might help hold her over.

Also you could try to cut out a nap if you're brave. You DON'T t want her to get overtired during the day because that would be counterproductive, but if you can tweak them around to make her a bit more tired at bedtime that could help.

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM

dd #3 started around 14-15 months. dd #4 around lik 7-8 months except for a few occasions when she is up every 2 hrs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN