Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When do they sleep through the night?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD is 7 months as goes to bed at 9. She has 3 naps during the day and wakes up once or twice through the night.

Tonight she fell asleep at 6. I'm not ready to wake up at 3 am. UGH. When did your kid start sleeping through the night, and didn't stop (except of course every now and then).

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Replies (41-43):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM

My oldest was sleeping 8 hours by 6 wks. I remember because I had to go back to work and it was really nice to get a full nights sleep! My oldest son thought he needed a bottle at 2 or 3 am every damn night until I finally made him start crying it out at a year and a half. And my youngest son was doing the same thing but I put a stop to it at 9 months.

Radellia
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM

My son is 7 1/2 months now and it starting to sleep through the night more often than he wakes in the night... The first time he EVER slept through the night was at 6 months, then it was sporatically over the next month. The past week or so, he's only had a few days here and there that he's woken at night.

When baby wakes at night, is she looking to be soothed? Fed? Does it take a long time to get her back to sleep?

geiga
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:35 AM

My little one slept through the night at 4 months but by 6 it was teething that kept him up but otherwise he slept through the night. My doctor said they should not need a feeding anymore when my little one was 7 months. Comfort your little one if they wake up in the middle of the night by just going in and give a little rub to go back to bed. You might have to do the "cry it out method" it works. It only lasted me like 3 days and my little one sleeps from 8 til 6:30 and if he wakes in the middle of the night he now knows how to self soothe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)