Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

A LUMP! How concerned should I be?

Posted by   + Show Post

I found a lump about the size of a marble in my left leg. It's about 8 inches above my knee. I only feel it when putting pressure on my leg. It doesn't hurt. I found it probably a year ago, but honestly I keep forgetting about it until I feel it again. Should I be concerned about this? Would you have it checked out?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
DaniandTom
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

In all likelihood, it's nothing--probably a cyst. That being said, anytime you find anything abnormal, it should be checked out by your physician. 

DuncansMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I know. Everytime I think about it again, I'm like..how and why haven't I gone to the Dr yet? This passed year has been pretty crazy busy for me, maybe that's why I've brushed it off?  I'm not real good about taking care of MY health. Which I know is stupid. : /

Quoting SamMom912:

Why on earth would you NOT get it checked out? a YEAR? OMG. Sweetie, you need to get this checked out!!!!  Its NOT supposed to be there.. GO and SEE a DR! Your health is EVERYTHING.

Im sure you're a busy mom with a lot on your plate. Im sure you dont have a lot of free time.. and really who wants to spend that time in a dr's office.... but if it IS something, sooner is always better then later to take care of something health related!!

Im not saying you should be nervous. I have NO idea what a lump in your leg means... BUT, I HAD a lump in my breast.and it was the scarest 4 weeks to have biopsy, wait for results. I had 1 small child at the time... and I couldnt imagine leaving him.... You need to take care of your health! Ignoring lumps is NOT the way to go!

HUGS to you and your family.

DuncansMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM

You know..I didn't even think about that. I was told after 2 miscarriages that I have a blood clotting disorder. :( Now I'm thinking I should get my ass into the DR asap.

Quoting momof2js946:

I would definately get it checked out. Did you know that blood clots start in your legs? and then they could travel up to your lungs and heart? I would definately get it checked out!

Hope that I didn't scare you, but  if it's something that not supposed to be there, then get it checked out!!

DuncansMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you everyone for your advice. I will be going somewhere asap. I will also update when I find anything out.

Flaca43
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I think you should have your doctor take a look and see what he/she thinks. It may be nothing, but it may be something and if it is, they can help you sooner rather than later.

Bookwormy
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Go to the doctor & get it checked.
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It's probably a cyst but you should have it checked out just to be sure. 

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM
It is better to go check this out and it turn out to be nothing than to ignore it and it turn out to be serious. Go check it out.
Rosebud333776
by Trish on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM
To be on the safe side, have it checked out. :)
SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DuncansMommy:

Thank you. I don't think it has grown at all, I think if it had, I wouldn't even question getting it checked out.

BUY some" Cocunut Oil " ( found with crisco ).

DAB, some on twice a day, and after a bath or shower.

BOO !!!!!!!!!!!                                                        

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN