Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I know we all spend a lot of time taking care of our kids, but what do you do for fun?  Share pictures if you want to!

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
PISCIS29
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Hope it does too.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I have been on a long break from it as well but am hoping to get back into it soon and make a quilt for Christmas for my middle son.  We will see if that happens though, lol. 

Quoting PISCIS29:

I also make lil purses or clothing for my dd's babies( Barbie dolls, baby dolls and stuffed animals) and small table napkins.

I haven't had much of a chance with my smallest 23 mos. Lately bc he will get into my supplies and walk around like a yarn monster so when he's awake I stick to writing or reading.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I love sewing for babies!  So much fun. 

Quoting PISCIS29:

Scarves and small quilts. I'm trying to make one for a lil niece who's coming on the way. Lord willing she should b here in late January.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I love to sew quilts.  What do you sew the most?

Quoting PISCIS29:

Baking, sowing, writing, reading, biking,

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I have made blankets, scarves , hats and i do filet crochet inwhich i have made angels and bowls you starch them so they stand up on their own i wish i had picturs but i gave them away as gifts

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Thanks!

Quoting PISCIS29:

Hope it does too.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I have been on a long break from it as well but am hoping to get back into it soon and make a quilt for Christmas for my middle son.  We will see if that happens though, lol. 

Quoting PISCIS29:

I also make lil purses or clothing for my dd's babies( Barbie dolls, baby dolls and stuffed animals) and small table napkins.

I haven't had much of a chance with my smallest 23 mos. Lately bc he will get into my supplies and walk around like a yarn monster so when he's awake I stick to writing or reading.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I love sewing for babies!  So much fun. 

Quoting PISCIS29:

Scarves and small quilts. I'm trying to make one for a lil niece who's coming on the way. Lord willing she should b here in late January.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I love to sew quilts.  What do you sew the most?

Quoting PISCIS29:

Baking, sowing, writing, reading, biking,

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That is great!  I love to give and get homemade gifts like that.  They mean so much. 

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

I have made blankets, scarves , hats and i do filet crochet inwhich i have made angels and bowls you starch them so they stand up on their own i wish i had picturs but i gave them away as gifts

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I don't lol. 

But I love my work and schooling and my me time is pretty much for that lol. Lately my mom has been taking me to lunch and pedis which is nice.

But my time is already so limited with my kids I don't feel the need to be gone even MORE time to committ to sports or crafts or what have you.

I find organized things more needy than my kids. When they are grown I will find plenty for me. For now I find things for all of us. That brings me great joy. (and at times frustration lol)

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I love having a hobby that we all enjoy as a family.  We like to ride our horses and team rope and it is so great we get to do it together. 

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I don't lol. 

But I love my work and schooling and my me time is pretty much for that lol. Lately my mom has been taking me to lunch and pedis which is nice.

But my time is already so limited with my kids I don't feel the need to be gone even MORE time to committ to sports or crafts or what have you.

I find organized things more needy than my kids. When they are grown I will find plenty for me. For now I find things for all of us. That brings me great joy. (and at times frustration lol)

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Not yet, I intend to eventually. Everything I've learned so far has been from things found in google searches and youtube videos.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

It looks like you are well on your way!  Did you take classes to learn?

Quoting aurora.dove:

Thank you! I am still learning and have a lot still to learn, but intend to eventually make it a career.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

This is my favorite of the ones you posted!  I love how it is rainbow inside too.  You are really talented!

Quoting aurora.dove:

Mobile Photo

Baking and cake decorating :)

bpryce
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Knitting, sewing, sewing diapers, reading books, and I just started making felt food. Its for my kids Xmas present but its really a lot of fun to make.
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

He loves to garden. He's got all kinds of goodies growing out there now. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM

That is great you have learned so much online! 

Quoting aurora.dove:

Not yet, I intend to eventually. Everything I've learned so far has been from things found in google searches and youtube videos.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

It looks like you are well on your way!  Did you take classes to learn?

Quoting aurora.dove:

Thank you! I am still learning and have a lot still to learn, but intend to eventually make it a career.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

This is my favorite of the ones you posted!  I love how it is rainbow inside too.  You are really talented!

Quoting aurora.dove:

Mobile Photo

Baking and cake decorating :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN