Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Puberty help!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 29 Replies
Dd 8 has started puberty. Ive been told a couple of books for her to read but am looking for any advice on how to help her thru this change. I'm buying deoderant tomorrow for her and making her shower daily (she likes to fight me on it). I'm going thru menopause so I'm trying to remember what shes going thru.
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foxymomof4
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Just be very patient with her and just because she started puberty it does not mean she's a young lady, she is still a little girl and you need to treat her like it.I know a few moms whos girls started puberty at an early age and are treating them like they are all grown up.Let her take  time growing up and dont preassure her.I have a 8 year old too and thankfully she still acts and likes little girls things:)

rugratsmommy4
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Thanks. I don't want her to grow up. She does need deoderant tho. I can smell that lol.

Quoting foxymomof4:

Just be very patient with her and just because she started puberty it does not mean she's a young lady, she is still a little girl and you need to treat her like it.I know a few moms whos girls started puberty at an early age and are treating them like they are all grown up.Let her take  time growing up and dont preassure her.I have a 8 year old too and thankfully she still acts and likes little girls things:)

foxymomof4
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha I know what you mean my DD does smell too Lol!! Kids are growing up so fast nowadays sometimes I dont even know what to do specially when they classmates that are boy/girl crazy and talking about things they shouldnt and some parents think is okay:/

Cherish her and spend as much time as you can but dont try to be her friend be her mom:)

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Thanks. I don't want her to grow up. She does need deoderant tho. I can smell that lol.

Quoting foxymomof4:

rugratsmommy4
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm mean. At least that's what I hear from the kids lol. I let them be kids but there are rules and they don't like rules lol. This is all great advice. Thank you :-)

Quoting foxymomof4:

Haha I know what you mean my DD does smell too Lol!! Kids are growing up so fast nowadays sometimes I dont even know what to do specially when they classmates that are boy/girl crazy and talking about things they shouldnt and some parents think is okay:/

Cherish her and spend as much time as you can but dont try to be her friend be her mom:)

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting foxymomof4:

foxymomof4
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM

wave

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

I'm mean. At least that's what I hear from the kids lol. I let them be kids but there are rules and they don't like rules lol. This is all great advice. Thank you :-)

Quoting foxymomof4:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting foxymomof4:

mamacam7
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I wish I could help but my 8 year old is a boy and he is at the beggining stages of puberty. He recently started using deoderant and has always had hairy legs lol, more than usual. Thankfully he has a dad that knows what boys go through because I am lost when it comes to male puberty, although I am trying to learn because dad works alot.

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't try to make her grow up, just make sure she showers regularly and wears deo everyday.

mamamia9
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Well in my opinion is better to talk to them ASAP so they see it more normal. Like it is. I have 2 girls; one preteen and the other one is about to get her period any day now.
rugratsmommy4
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Good luck to you!

Quoting mamacam7:

I wish I could help but my 8 year old is a boy and he is at the beggining stages of puberty. He recently started using deoderant and has always had hairy legs lol, more than usual. Thankfully he has a dad that knows what boys go through because I am lost when it comes to male puberty, although I am trying to learn because dad works alot.

rugratsmommy4
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Quoting AnnaMess:

Don't try to make her grow up, just make sure she showers regularly and wears deo everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN