Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Scents in Your Kitchen That'll Help You Lose Weight - Are you a fan of any of these foods?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

5 Scents in Your Kitchen That'll Help You Lose Weight

by Emily Abbate

olive oilWhen it comes to working out and losing weight, I think it's safe to say that most of us want to do the lease amount possible and still see results. Like, if you were to tell me a pair of $400 leggings existed that would help tone my thighs by simply slipping them on? I'd pull out my checkbook in a hot second. Well, what if I were to tell you that there is a thing (and a tasty one at that) you can simply SMELL that will help you drop pounds? Yup, get this: a recent study in the American Journal of Nutrition found that
sniffing olive oil helps you feel full.

Um, OK, I'm into this. But WAIT, it gets better. There are other items in your kitchen that have similar effects, too! Check out our list of 4 other things you can smell that'll help curb your appetite:

Banana

A research foundation in Chicago discovered that women exposed to the scent of bananas lost up to 17 pounds per month. Whoa. Give me a bunch!

Garlic

The garlic smell helps curb appetite by releasing the hormone leptin in direct proportion to the amount of stored body fat. What's that do? Well, leptin helps the brain determine if you've consumed enough fat or if you still need more of it.

Green Apple

Take a whiff of a green apple shortly before you eat, and supposedly the scent will decrease your appetite.

Grapefruit

Researchers found that smelling grapefruit can help reduce appetite.

Are you a fan of any of these foods?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Wow, I would have never thought of this!  I will have to try some of these, lol. 

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Im gonna try these hope they help:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Yes love bananas and grapefruit.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I like them all.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I use a lot of garlic, bananas, and green apples.... Wonder how heavy I would be without them? 😳😳
Roksolana84
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Love raw garlic. It tastes so good on the side with anything. Raw pork fat with a the garlic and salt is my favorite childhood dish and I miss it so much :(

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM

like bananas

love garlic (use it in almost everything)

green apples- eh

grapefruit- never smelled

lizard3731
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I'll have to try some of those.  Not sure about smelling the garlic, though.  I like garlic, just not the scent of plain garlic.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I like all of the foods. How interesting that smelling them can help with weight loss.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

i like all those...but i'm still fat..lol..maybe i should just stick to smelling them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured