Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I don't think I can give birth by myself! He left me! Nearly 37 weeks pregnant! Help!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

My ex-boyfriend decided that he didn't want to be present for the birth of our daughter. He is incredibly angry with me because some of my colleagues from work asked me to go out for dinner earlier this week and I considered taking them up on the invite. I enjoy my colleagues, and I enjoy being fortunate enough to want to enjoy their company outside of work. We are all world language teachers (male and female). My boyfriend stated that I should spend all of my free time with him because we do not get to spend enough time anyway. I love my boyfriend immensely, but I feel like I should still be able to have my own identity and social life. Approximately one month ago he said that he would not be present at our daughter's birth if I took a graduate course. He later apologized and admitted that he made a mistake, but I feel like this situation is very similar to the first. I am angry at him, but I need him there. I want him there. It hurts me that he would use being present for such an important milestone over my head to get things to go his way. Should I simply give up hope? Will I be delivering by myself? What are your thoughts?

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM
8 moms liked this
My thoughts? Dump him. He sounds like a controlling a$$hole to me.
leanntx
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this. He just wants to control you. Been there, done that. Don't stress about it and just concentrate on you and baby, everything will be fine. Hugs momma.

Quoting the3Rs:

RJC78
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

He wants to control you.  Eff that!

erin708
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Sounds like a controlling ass. Ur better off without someone like that. U can do whatever u want and don't need his permission.
monkeymom1104
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
My honest opinion, he feels threatened by your success.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you have posted about him before. He is a controlling jerk. Is taking care of your baby yourself tough? Yes but so is living with someone controlling that is cruel any time you don't do something his way
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I would make plans for somebody else to be there such as a family member or a close friend.  If between now and then he decides to be there for the birth then let him because it is his child too and he should be able to be present if he can, but I wouldn't decide to date again and get back together until things settle down after the baby is born and you two can work through your issues together.  Right now you both need to be focusing on the baby and once you have had time to adjust to that you can decide what to do about dating. 

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
You will have lots of nurses and the support of your doctor to help you through
Romansmami
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

...but he is a doctoral candidate and a respected music professor so I don't understand why he would be threatened by my success as he is my inspiration, professionally. I think our age difference has a lot to do with it as I am 29 and he is 53, but even still, there is no excuse. I just wish I could keep him happy, but it is exhausting. I just want to get through the pregnancy without any more arguments and break-ups. If I go into labor, should I let his family know?

Mrs.Missi
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
This. You have to do what you got to do to ensure you and that baby are taken care of. Ain't nobody got time for his bullshit. Good luck

Quoting the3Rs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN