Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

period question TMI

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
(Sorry for the TMI) so I had my baby august 25 2013 and I bled for about a month then I stopped for a week. I then spotted for a few days and stopped and now I have a really heavy flow. Can someone please tell me if this is normal. I am worrying my self and I just want to know I'm worrying for nothing. Like is it supposed to be heavy and start and stop like that. Could it be my birth control pill? Please please tell me......
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pshanks1234
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Bump
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Everyone is so different it can be very normal I bled heavy:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal881269
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Yes this is normal, after I had my son I bled for 6 weeks then stopped for a week and bled for another month. it was a very heavy flow. I talked to my obgyn and she said my body was just getting back on its normal flow... does your obgyn have a nurses line you can call? 

pshanks1234
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I can call my doctor today. He's in the office today

Quoting crystal881269:

Yes this is normal, after I had my son I bled for 6 weeks then stopped for a week and bled for another month. it was a very heavy flow. I talked to my obgyn and she said my body was just getting back on its normal flow... does your obgyn have a nurses line you can call? 

LindaClement
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Yes, it is normal.

Do you take an iron supplement?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yes, it's normal

Congrats on the new baby!

monkeymom1104
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Your hormones and cycle are regulating. If its really heavy ( if you need to change your pad every hour or more) call your Dr asap. If your having extreme cramps or smelly foul discharge, with your bleeding, you may have an infection. I worked OB five years, each delivery is different I would error on the side of caution and call your Dr, depending on your delivery and past gyn history he may want to see you. Hope you feel better, enjoy your baby :)
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Your body is all screwed up from having the baby. It can take 9 months to get back to normal. I'm sure it's fine but if you're worried, you can always go in to get it checked out with the OB. 

sharon6345
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM

That mess happened when I took the pill for 15 days so I stopped taking them. 

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM

omg you're fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)