Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving out to dads

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

My son has decided he wants to live with his dad. He believes it will be better for him there than it is here. I don't know what to do.. His dad and I decided to let him, he doesn't want him and said he is not sure how he will get him food and the things he needs but will find a way. I don't wish for my son to hate me. 

said he would rather starve than live with here. he has even thought of killing himself so he didn't have to do chores (which he doesnt have to do at his dads). It is going to be a tough road for me without him here. I know I'll need some support and someone besides my husband to talk to. has anyone else gone through this before or something similar who can help me along the rough road. 

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Just keep telling yourself that this is probably what is best for him. I would rather have my son live with his dad then to commit suicide and I would do anything to make him happy.

Peytonsmom6308
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM
How old is he
cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

How old is he

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are doing the right thing. Let him go see the grass isn't always greener. My guess is he will call wanting to come back. Be sure that he understands the rules haven't changed and wont.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM

He has been informed that he can come back home, and that he will still be expected to behave, do his school work without complaint, and will be required to preform and do approprate chores for his age. Also told him he is expected to behave as he was tought by me when here or he wont be allowed to come back until he does behave as he can. He is already thinking about not going to his dads, however he is still going! He wanted it soo bad his dad is on his way up here making a 900 mile one way trip to pick him up. 

He said i'm sad because i'll miss my sisters birthday next week and my other sisters birthday next month. I said oh well you will miss a lot that happens here when you are living with your dad. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think you are doing the right thing. Let him go see the grass isn't always greener. My guess is he will call wanting to come back. Be sure that he understands the rules haven't changed and wont.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Quoting cowgirls10181:

He has been informed that he can come back home, and that he will still be expected to behave, do his school work without complaint, and will be required to preform and do approprate chores for his age. Also told him he is expected to behave as he was tought by me when here or he wont be allowed to come back until he does behave as he can. He is already thinking about not going to his dads, however he is still going! He wanted it soo bad his dad is on his way up here making a 900 mile one way trip to pick him up. 

He said i'm sad because i'll miss my sisters birthday next week and my other sisters birthday next month. I said oh well you will miss a lot that happens here when you are living with your dad. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

He's going to learna tough lesson. It will make him smarter in the end. Congrats for being a great mom and doing whats best for him. Hugs I know you're going to miss him like crazy !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

thanks, I am sure I'll miss him. However at 7 this morning when his sister got on the bus and he didn't he started crying, realizing that his dad will be here today and get him. then he started asking when he can come back, said he doesn't think he will like living with his dad full time. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

He's going to learna tough lesson. It will make him smarter in the end. Congrats for being a great mom and doing whats best for him. Hugs I know you're going to miss him like crazy !

army_5_wife
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he said it all to upset you, thinking you would not send him. Sounds as if this is not what he wants at all but he is realizing he made his bed and now he has to lay in it. I did this as a kid to my mother as well except she would never in a million yrs allow it to happen. But good for you for standing your ground, it will be tough but sounds as if its a lesson he needs to learn. He will be begging to come home before long and when he does it will be with a new apprecitation not only for you but for your house rules as well. Good luck momma.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Thank you, I'm hoping reality has set in. 

Quoting army_5_wife:

Sounds like he said it all to upset you, thinking you would not send him. Sounds as if this is not what he wants at all but he is realizing he made his bed and now he has to lay in it. I did this as a kid to my mother as well except she would never in a million yrs allow it to happen. But good for you for standing your ground, it will be tough but sounds as if its a lesson he needs to learn. He will be begging to come home before long and when he does it will be with a new apprecitation not only for you but for your house rules as well. Good luck momma.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I miss my baby boy.. my poor dd's, one of them has to go to school without her big brother, who loved making her breakfast every morning. Who told mom and the bus driver another kid was picking on mary on the bus which is why she didnt want to go to school. Who is going to do that for her now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)