Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!! Trunk or Treat decoration themes and ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 17 Replies

Since our town is fairly rural, our school is hosting a trunk or treat in our school parking lot. I'm really excited to do this, and we get to decorate our car trunks! I'm looking for some really cool theme and decor ideas!

Anyone have any?

GO!!!!.......

trick or treat

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I've never been to one, but I really like this idea.  How about stringing fake spider webs around the trunk and having some nice big spiders there. heh. And maybe a recording of ghosts, heh!!!

strictmomhere
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it! Great ideas!

Quoting Bmat:

I've never been to one, but I really like this idea.  How about stringing fake spider webs around the trunk and having some nice big spiders there. heh. And maybe a recording of ghosts, heh!!!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

what's a trunk or treat?

motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

The coolest one I have ever seen was a man who borrowed an ambulance (he was an ambulance driver) and turned the inside into a bloody mess. LOL. He had a body, complete with Jack-O-Lantern head and you had to reach into the body (which was an open flannel shirt and blue jeans that had been stuffed) to get the candy. I know most people can't do that, though. I have seen all different themes. Everything from rainbows and pots of gold, to smoking caldrens, beanbag toss games, fishing games, sports related themes, Wizard or Oz, fortune tellers (that one would be really fun, but if this is for a church, you should probably make sure they are ok with it).

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

It's where people decorate the car trunks and fill it with candy and the kids can go car to car, trick or treating. In our case, it will be done in our closed off school parking lot.

Quoting alexis_06:

what's a trunk or treat?

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Lots of great ideas here! Love the Wizard of Oz and fortune teller idea! This is for our school not a church:)

Quoting motherslove82:

The coolest one I have ever seen was a man who borrowed an ambulance (he was an ambulance driver) and turned the inside into a bloody mess. LOL. He had a body, complete with Jack-O-Lantern head and you had to reach into the body (which was an open flannel shirt and blue jeans that had been stuffed) to get the candy. I know most people can't do that, though. I have seen all different themes. Everything from rainbows and pots of gold, to smoking caldrens, beanbag toss games, fishing games, sports related themes, Wizard or Oz, fortune tellers (that one would be really fun, but if this is for a church, you should probably make sure they are ok with it).

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM

ohhh that's a neat idea!! probably alot safer too!!

Quoting ceciliam:

It's where people decorate the car trunks and fill it with candy and the kids can go car to car, trick or treating. In our case, it will be done in our closed off school parking lot.

Quoting alexis_06:

what's a trunk or treat?

motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's cool. It's mostly churches that do it around here. Some are more "anything goes" than others. 

Quoting ceciliam:

Lots of great ideas here! Love the Wizard of Oz and fortune teller idea! This is for our school not a church:)

Quoting motherslove82:

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Yeah, this is the first time I'm participating in something like this. I'm excited! :)

Quoting alexis_06:

ohhh that's a neat idea!! probably alot safer too!!

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting alexis_06:

what's a trunk or treat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)