Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really weird pain...has anyone else had this?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey All, 

Anytime I feel pain, I feel like a hypochondriac so I just try to "walk it off" and suck it up, so to speak. This has been happening on and off for a couple of weeks now, but the past 48 hours have been pretty bad. 

So I started getting this weird upper middle back pain that started radiating into my chest. Like I would breathe and it would radiate pain. It went away for a while, then came back a couple of days later. 2 days ago the back pain came back, then last night and all throughout today, the chest pain came back. It feels sort of hard to breathe, I have a head ache - maybe not from this, but it's not going away - and my neck feels strange. Like something is squeezing around it. It's weird. I've taken ibuprofen and it's not helping. I called my doctor yesterday and he thinks I just have a sore back or something. 

HAs anyone experienced this? I keep trying to do stretches, but this weird chest pain, throat issues, and now I feel a little pain in my right shoulder. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Does it come on after you eat? Especially after greasy foods? Do you still have your gall bladder? I know with gall bladders, the pain can come from one spot, but the brain doesn't recognize it so it can show up elsewhere. Mine showed up in my shoulder, throat, and severe heartburn, but I have heard of pain in the back as well.
FireMoonGypsy
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

My gal bladder was removed 3 years ago because I started having massive attacks that were HORRIBLE. I do have bad heartburn, but this pain is different and doesn't happen when I'm experiencing heartburn. I haven't eaten since noon today - my husband is getting off work late and is bringing home a special dinner so I'm waiting - and the food I had today wouldn't have triggered heart burn anyway. 

I'm not sure what is going on. :/ It's freaking me out a bit, though. 

Quoting Saharra:

Does it come on after you eat? Especially after greasy foods? Do you still have your gall bladder? I know with gall bladders, the pain can come from one spot, but the brain doesn't recognize it so it can show up elsewhere. Mine showed up in my shoulder, throat, and severe heartburn, but I have heard of pain in the back as well.

Saharra
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet! I wish I could help :( Praying you get it figured out quickly and that it goes away. I think you probably should see a doc though.

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

My gal bladder was removed 3 years ago because I started having massive attacks that were HORRIBLE. I do have bad heartburn, but this pain is different and doesn't happen when I'm experiencing heartburn. I haven't eaten since noon today - my husband is getting off work late and is bringing home a special dinner so I'm waiting - and the food I had today wouldn't have triggered heart burn anyway. 

I'm not sure what is going on. :/ It's freaking me out a bit, though. 

Quoting Saharra:

jadedcynic
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Could you have pinched a nerve? 

thaoneshya
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Have you checked your blood pressure? You feel really tired? More than usual? I get nasty headaches when my blood pressure is high and untreated, almost like a brain freeze. My chest would feel achey and then my neck feels tense and the tense feeling would go to different parts of my body. I seriously let it go a king time then after 5 weeks if going to the doctor we found it was the blood pressure.

Quoting FireMoonGypsy:

Hey All, 

Anytime I feel pain, I feel like a hypochondriac so I just try to "walk it off" and suck it up, so to speak. This has been happening on and off for a couple of weeks now, but the past 48 hours have been pretty bad. 

So I started getting this weird upper middle back pain that started radiating into my chest. Like I would breathe and it would radiate pain. It went away for a while, then came back a couple of days later. 2 days ago the back pain came back, then last night and all throughout today, the chest pain came back. It feels sort of hard to breathe, I have a head ache - maybe not from this, but it's not going away - and my neck feels strange. Like something is squeezing around it. It's weird. I've taken ibuprofen and it's not helping. I called my doctor yesterday and he thinks I just have a sore back or something. 

HAs anyone experienced this? I keep trying to do stretches, but this weird chest pain, throat issues, and now I feel a little pain in my right shoulder. 

cali_gurl
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like stress to me if it comes and goes. Everything starts hurting me when I am stressed out. But go in to see your dr. to be sure.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Is it sharp and stabbing? Increase with coughing, swallowing, deep breathing or lying flat? Feel better sitting up and leaning forward?
Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Have you been sick lately?
FireMoonGypsy
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Yep. All of that. 

And I'm feeling the pain in my neck now. It's so weird. 

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Is it sharp and stabbing? Increase with coughing, swallowing, deep breathing or lying flat? Feel better sitting up and leaning forward?

FireMoonGypsy
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:42 AM

No sickness. 

Quoting Angelmevans:

Have you been sick lately?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)