Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this happen to your DD?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
We're in the process of looking for a new doctor for my SD. She has had this little problem for a while now and the doctor keeps blowing it off and doesn't seem concerned about it at all and it concerns us. Anyway she keeps getting this nasty, white, crusty stuff on her vagina. Sometimes it looks like she hasn't had a bath in days when in all actuality she gets a bath nightly. She never complains of burning or itching or anything like that. We use fragrance-free and sensitive skin everything on her (detergent, soap, etc) and we make sure she wipes thoroughly. Has this happened to any of your DDs? Any idea what it could be?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Does she take bubble baths?  If so, stop those.   How old is she?  I would definitely want a doctor to take it seriously.  Have they looked at the affected area during exams or blow you off when you mention it?  It could just be discharge for some reason that the body is making.  I would want answers though whether to be worried or not.

HeadKrobe8789
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM

No.  She has problems with dysuria a lot so we use nothing scented on her.  She doesn't even take a bath--she takes showers.  She is four.  The doctor has seen it and I brought it up to him but he just blew it off.  Her entire vaginal area was inflammed and was discharging maybe a month ago but it wasn't like this.  This is dry and crusty. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Does she take bubble baths?  If so, stop those.   How old is she?  I would definitely want a doctor to take it seriously.  Have they looked at the affected area during exams or blow you off when you mention it?  It could just be discharge for some reason that the body is making.  I would want answers though whether to be worried or not.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I would definitely see another doctor for their opinion on it.  It does not sound normal for such a young child and could mean a few things.   Also you may want to lay off a bath/shower every night in case it is dry skin build up.

Quoting HeadKrobe8789:

No.  She has problems with dysuria a lot so we use nothing scented on her.  She doesn't even take a bath--she takes showers.  She is four.  The doctor has seen it and I brought it up to him but he just blew it off.  Her entire vaginal area was inflammed and was discharging maybe a month ago but it wasn't like this.  This is dry and crusty. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

GleekingOut
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I was under the impression it was something to do with puberty. I got them until my periods settled themselves down, DD got them - I didn't really think it was anything more than normal puberty things because that's what my mother told me.

Bajanmama
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

It sounds like some type of infection. I would be concerned too. Get another doctor by all means. And avoid tight or thick or dark underwear. When my daughter was 4 she had a spot on the outside that was always red and wet looking and then it looked dry and it went away. It happened a few times and then I just realised it didn't show up anymore. But there was no discharge so your girl is different. And probably more serious. Get another paediatrician. Best of luck.

Mommy2justone
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM

How old is she?

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

i would get another opinion..

HeadKrobe8789
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

4 1/2

Quoting Mommy2justone:

How old is she?

HeadKrobe8789
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM

We don't have her wear tight pants and her darkest shade of underwear is teal.  She's had problems down there for as long as I've known her at the very least. 

Quoting Bajanmama:

It sounds like some type of infection. I would be concerned too. Get another doctor by all means. And avoid tight or thick or dark underwear. When my daughter was 4 she had a spot on the outside that was always red and wet looking and then it looked dry and it went away. It happened a few times and then I just realised it didn't show up anymore. But there was no discharge so your girl is different. And probably more serious. Get another paediatrician. Best of luck.

HeadKrobe8789
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

She's only 4--too young for puberty.  Every girl is different though so I don't know what it could be.

Quoting GleekingOut:

I was under the impression it was something to do with puberty. I got them until my periods settled themselves down, DD got them - I didn't really think it was anything more than normal puberty things because that's what my mother told me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)