Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plz help me i dnt kniw what to do

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 5 year old son is hitting shoving and being bossy in kindergarten and on the bus. I live with a friend of mine and she has two kids of her own. The kids for the most part get along with each other, but today my son hit her daughter on the bus this has happen only one other time. But he has been doing it to others in his class sice school started. In prek he never did this he was always the one gettin picked on now it seems like he is the one doing the picking. I ask him why he did it all he will tell me is bc he is bad. Ill tell him no your not bad .just what u did by hitting is a bad thing to do. I dont want to cause conflict at home between me and my roommate bc i have no were else to go.. But it seems like everything i do just makes it worse with him. Plz help me....
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
givemeaboy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Honestly if talking to him isn't making it better you should talk to his dr about some time with a play therapist. It helps a  lot. There might be something deeper bothering him. Good luck.

oahoah
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there any kind of plan in school or the bus for this? What do you do at home when he does this? I would want to talk to the teacher and see if anything might be going on there with the kids, and see if you can get a plan in place that will work at home and school and the bus to discourage his behavior before it gets worse. When my oldest was in kindy his teacher had a stop-light chart for behavior, each child had their own stop light and if they had a red at all during the day that meant they skipped recess, had to run laps and sit on the bench instead of playing. At home we do "3-strikes" and it seems to be working good but I'm not sure if it would be effective for your situation.  If my boys get 3 strikes during the day they go to shower & bed right after dinner.  Talk to your roommate and see if she has an idea or suggestion so that things don't turn bad between the two of you.

funhappymom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

How long have you been living with your roommate? Could there be something else going on that you aren't aware of?

ruserious53
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask your son "who tells you you're bad?". Do it when you're alone and things are going well, snuggle and get down on his level, look him in the eyes and ask softly. Let him know that you are not mad at  him, you just need to know. Remind him about how he felt when the kids bullied him, he's old enough to verbalize that and be able to tell you how the kids he's bullying, feel. Keep it low and slow, ask him what he could do to act different? Kids are great problem solvers, when they get the chance.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Why does your son feel that he's "bad"?  Have you asked him who is telling him he's bad and why?

He could be acting out because he's tired of being the one being picked on, or there could be something else going on. 

emarin77
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting givemeaboy:

Honestly if talking to him isn't making it better you should talk to his dr about some time with a play therapist. It helps a  lot. There might be something deeper bothering him. Good luck.

KristineNAmmons
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Update... I tlk to the guidance counselor and she said she would tlk to him maybe he would tlk to her so he doesnt feel like if he is going to get someone in trouble.. And i tlk to my mom and see if i could come live her again tell i can get up on my feet..i told her what was going on and she toldme to come live her and well see.if he just didnt like his home environment .. And was lashing out bc of it. Ill keep ya updated on how things go.. Thank you all for all of the advice..its just hard to tlk to some of my friends bc we are all friends and i just dont want someone to tell her something out of context and she takes it wrong.. But that u all
SissyAnn141
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM

BUMP!

texasmomma89
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I hope everything works out for you but like the other moms it could be because of his envornment, maybe your roommates kids are bullying him when no one is looking? Maybe its something deeper and talking to the gudiance consulor may help. I hope it does, good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)