Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Can't sleep. Family pictures this afternoon.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
So, I've been in and out of sleep all night/morning long. Can't seem to stay asleep to save my life. And of course, my three little rugrats will be up and at'em in like two hours. We've got family pictures at 3pm today and I have no idea what we are all wearing. I don't really want to spend money we don't have to get new clothes for them to wear just for a picture. How important is it for everyone in a picture to color coordinate anyways? No, seriously, how important is it? Because if it doesn't matter too much, I just might not care about the colors when it all comes down to it. I hate not really having money to take care of everything I want and need for our family. Both, my husband and I, work out butts off and at the end of the day, all we have goes straight to bills. And sometimes we can't even cover everything. There was a great deal with jcp portraits where $15 gets you three images on a disc and one enhanced portrait. I couldn't pass it up because for that price I can take the disc to Walmart and get prints for cheap when ready. Anyways, back to the question, how do you and your family dress for family pictures? I'm nt going all formal this time, just casual, jeans and a nice shirt. Maybe formal for New Years. Feedback would be nice. :)

UPDATE:
Went through all of our clothes and this is all I could come up with. What do you all think? Appt is in 2 hours. Pic in comments.
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluecalm
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM
You want to pick colors that look good together. At our last picture we all wore shades of blue. My dh and the boys wore crew neck sweaters in different shades of blue and I wore a print blouse that had the different shades in it. I laid out all my choices and picked the ones that looked the best together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sita5184
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I think family pictures get cheesy when they are too matched up. Just go with what you have, coordinate colors or styles and let it be more casual.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM

As long as you don't have one of the kids in neon colors next to another in dark green or some such, there's no need to worry about matching.

We did a family portrait last month, and my mother went to the Gap and bought matching outfits for everyone. Seriously. Four women in the same dress, the men in shirts the same color, and my son in a coordinating romper. I wanted to puke, it was so contrived.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:15 AM
No t-shirts it just makes the who photo look terrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carina31
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Good luck. :)
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM

My daughter & I went to JCP for our portraits last week. We had chosen the purple background they had & both of us wore black long sleeved tees. We wore long sleeved cause they advised us that bare arms take away from the face. The only other advice was to wear a solid color because prints would also take away from the face. If you have solid long sleeved clothes for each one dress them in whatever color you want!Jeans would be perfect. While we were there we saw pics of all sorts of ppl wearing anything even short sleeved tees & they looked ok. These are just their suggestions to wear solids & long sleeves. Whatever you uys wear it will be beautiful I promise! Be wary though they will try to sell you more than the $15 coupon deal!

AllieMarie328
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is all I could come up with.
SallyB_LMT
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I once did a photo shoot with my family all in white tee shirts and jeans.  It was really cute.  :) 

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM
We've never coordinated... Well, at least not any further than all being about the same level of casual... Not tux and jeans... Usually all jeans and the boys all in school clothes.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM

This will be fine!

Quoting AllieMarie328:

Mobile Photo

This is all I could come up with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN